Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 GLK 350 4Matic
704 Posts
Not sure if there is a straightforward answer for this.

I'm lucky not to have your winters, but the tire of choice when it's cold and white seems to be Blizzaks.

Tirerack has a lot of objective and subjective info. Michelin makes a very high quality all weather tire but it's pricey.

The Kumho's have a high satisfaction rating too.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2000 E320S4M
1,945 Posts
I bought a set of 235/45R17 Kumho ECSTA ASX for my warm season needs.

I have a set of 215/55R16 Dunlop Wintersport M3 for winter.

Both tires have been great for their designed task.

Get a set of winter tires for winter, don't buy into the "all-season" hype.

·
Registered
1959 220S cabriolet, 1983 240D original owner, 1999 E300 turbo diesel, 1988 560SL, 2003 SLK320
3,513 Posts
Go to the Tire Rack web site and read reports on the tires others have used. You can find reports specific to your exact chassis. I found it very good info. The 210 chassis just seems to eat tires. I ended up buying Bridgestone Potenza RE950's. Jury is still out on their longevity, but Toyos and Michelins did not give me the mileage I wanted.

Len

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm happy with the Nokian WR tires I bought for my '99 E300 last fall. They're all-weather tires but also snowflake-rated snow tires. I'm planning to keep them on all year round.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my Blizzaks. They've worn well and weren't terribly expensive. I didn't drive the car much last year and just left them on thru the summer. Of course they're noisier than 'regular' tires. Winter traction is decent, but even with 4Matic it's no substitute for a 4 wheel drive vehicle. (I drive a 4x4 if there's more than 4" or 5" of snow.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts