Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What are good performance parts for my CLK320?

G
3697 5
Hey..<br>I just got my CLK320 CAB about a month ago and I LOVEEEE the car. It's a great machine. I didn't spring for the 430 which MAYBE i should have (because i want the MAN POWER) but i definitly could live without. So right now, i'm hangin on to my 320 and wanted to know what performance parts would boost it's... well.... performance =). What are good places too look at? What parts should i be looking at? What parts SHOULDN'T I look at? I also wanted to get some 18 or 19 inchers for the car. I was also thinking of the AMG 5 spoke rims. What other rims fit the CLK well? I've only seen AMG 5 spoke rims on a CLK and I love it, but what else are there? I'm looking forward to all of your comments and suggestions. Thank you<p>esoin<p>2000 CLK CAB SILVER /w ASH TOP
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: You can follow the hyperlink below to find a number of cars with 18" rims lowered with H&Rs

Check out the following cars to get an idea:<br>Mike Owens Magma Cab<br>Ian's black 2000 CLK<br>Ron's CLK 320 (my car)<br>Lorinser CLK 430 Cab<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want real gains..(more)

Get a supercharger !!<p>For $7k you get a bolt-on sc which looks stock and pushes power <br>to 300+hp. I can't remember the exact details but I know it's<br>not a centrifugal SC like the ones you see on BMWs, etc. Boost<br>comes in at 1,250 RPM and is linear up to 7,000 RPM.<p>Air Intakes, Cat-back exhausts and the like don't really give you<br>that much increase maybe none at all.<p>Go here :<br><A href="http://www.esstuning.com">European Supercharging Systems</a><p>They don't have it listed but you can email them about it.<p>Frank<p>: Hey..<br>I just got my CLK320 CAB about a month ago and I LOVEEEE the car. It's a great machine. I didn't spring for the 430 which MAYBE i should have (because i want the MAN POWER) but i definitly could live without. So right now, i'm hangin on to my 320 and wanted to know what performance parts would boost it's... well.... performance =). What are good places too look at? What parts should i be looking at? What parts SHOULDN'T I look at? I also wanted to get some 18 or 19 inchers for the car. I was also thinking of the AMG 5 spoke rims. What other rims fit the CLK well? I've only seen AMG 5 spoke rims on a CLK and I love it, but what else are there? I'm looking forward to all of your comments and suggestions. Thank you<p>esoin<p>2000 CLK CAB SILVER /w ASH TOP<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You also might want to add a Brabus or Carlsson bodykit. The one Lorinser offers has<br>too much ridges, makes it look a little boxy. The Carlsson front lip looks really sweet.<br>Also you might want to look into replacing the exhaust with the Carlsson cat-back with <br>double angled tips. This looks really nice as well.<p>Good luck!!<p>Alex<br>: Hey..<br>I just got my CLK320 CAB about a month ago and I LOVEEEE the car. It's a great machine. I didn't spring for the 430 which MAYBE i should have (because i want the MAN POWER) but i definitly could live without. So right now, i'm hangin on to my 320 and wanted to know what performance parts would boost it's... well.... performance =). What are good places too look at? What parts should i be looking at? What parts SHOULDN'T I look at? I also wanted to get some 18 or 19 inchers for the car. I was also thinking of the AMG 5 spoke rims. What other rims fit the CLK well? I've only seen AMG 5 spoke rims on a CLK and I love it, but what else are there? I'm looking forward to all of your comments and suggestions. Thank you<p>esoin<p>2000 CLK CAB SILVER /w ASH TOP<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you ALL very much for your replys. I'll be taking each on of your replys to concideration when

: Hey..<br>I just got my CLK320 CAB about a month ago and I LOVEEEE the car. It's a great machine. I didn't spring for the 430 which MAYBE i should have (because i want the MAN POWER) but i definitly could live without. So right now, i'm hangin on to my 320 and wanted to know what performance parts would boost it's... well.... performance =). What are good places too look at? What parts should i be looking at? What parts SHOULDN'T I look at? I also wanted to get some 18 or 19 inchers for the car. I was also thinking of the AMG 5 spoke rims. What other rims fit the CLK well? I've only seen AMG 5 spoke rims on a CLK and I love it, but what else are there? I'm looking forward to all of your comments and suggestions. Thank you<p>esoin<p>2000 CLK CAB SILVER /w ASH TOP<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try Lorinser accesssories...(more)

: Hey..<br>I just got my CLK320 CAB about a month ago and I LOVEEEE the car. It's a great machine. I didn't spring for the 430 which MAYBE i should have (because i want the MAN POWER) but i definitly could live without. So right now, i'm hangin on to my 320 and wanted to know what performance parts would boost it's... well.... performance =). What are good places too look at? What parts should i be looking at? What parts SHOULDN'T I look at? I also wanted to get some 18 or 19 inchers for the car. I was also thinking of the AMG 5 spoke rims. What other rims fit the CLK well? I've only seen AMG 5 spoke rims on a CLK and I love it, but what else are there? I'm looking forward to all of your comments and suggestions. Thank you<p>esoin<p>2000 CLK CAB SILVER /w ASH TOP<p>FYI, Lorinser offers a full program for the <br>CLK320/430. Check out the LM5 wheels, <br>8.5x19 front and 9.5x19 rear with <br>235/35/19 front tires and 265/30/19 rear<br>tires. The Supercharger works great also!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.