Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What company makes these liquid intercooling systems? Maybe one can fit the C230K. If possible, you could pull some good HP outta that. I mean...much more cold air would end up getting compressed. I'm gonna do some research on it...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Great news

We need someone to take that on. You may want to take the C32 intecooler into consideration as radiator portion probably fits in the same space as the air to air intercooler does now and the pump and heat exchanger by the intake are already designed and may work. The problem is cost containment, try to keep the entire system for under a $1,000.

·
Registered
'02 C230 Sport Coupe
13 Posts
Hmmm...

I have an unfortunate feeling that getting to the intercooler to measure it will be much harder than I expected... :( It would help greatly if someone had the dimensions for it...

Or if there was some place on the net with the engine schematic or something...

·
Registered
61 Posts
liquid intercooling system?

Hey are you guys talking about an Air to Water intercooler? If so I am pretty sure the c230 coupe already has one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I've read it a few times. On another note I considered using some sort of water spray system to give the intake charge a cool boost. They use that type of system is rally racing and drag racing alot but I haven't heard of anybody using one on a mercedes yet. Just an idea.

·
Registered
'02 C230 Sport Coupe
13 Posts
Exactly.

Which is why a liquid to air is necessary for the car.

I also read on the mist injector as well...that could definitely come in handy...If only I could get the dimensions...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts