Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Ford Scorpio Cosworth
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4537742055&category=6332

definately one one of the nicest stock SECs i´ve ever seen[:D]

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
the bolster looks a little worn for 47K...

CHeck out that dude's feedback!!!![xx(][xx(]

Jonathan

·
Registered
67 250SL & 87 560SEC
93 Posts
and why are the Euro headlights/wipers gone? Surely you don't need to change those to meet US requirements. Jonathan brings up a good point - the wear on the interior is not commensurate with 47k miles. Something is fishy here.

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
Its possible that its 45k miles. Its a Japanese model car.. imported from Japan. I doubt they do a lot of highway driving in Japan as they do in the US. Most of the driving is in the city.. so you would have more wear from coming in and out of the car.

·
Registered
88,560 SEC & SEL Euros, 06 S-500, 06 SRT8 Magnum
246 Posts
Question: no VIN # listed? All Vin #s are available except the US versions. Low milage seems reasonable as to the photos, but be aware dash heads with low milage are easly replaced in Japan costs are $250.00 or less. Ask the Vendor to post the VIN #.

MBGary

·
Registered
67 250SL & 87 560SEC
93 Posts
Euro VINs aren't much use here; you can't pull a Carfax with it. I have a German VIN for a car that ended up in Japan, and is now nestling nicely here in Vancouver.

·
Registered
246 Posts
RICO

It appears the Vendor is having a problem registering the unit in CA. Question: may still be sitting in Japan waiting for shipment, to turn a buck or two. In the US you can't import from Japan unless the unit is over 25 years here in Canada only 15 years. I have several problems with Auctions. I like your 560 SEC attached my photo of my SEC Euro. did you check the SEC Euro with only 48,000 Klms for sale in Vancouver?

Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
67 250SL & 87 560SEC
93 Posts
Hi Gary,

Yes, eBay is great for parts and such, but buying a car? Not me. Are you referring to the one out in Chilliwack?

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?adID=6223606&pgno=1

That one has been up for sale for a long time - a few months at least.

Thanks for the compliments on "The Panzerwagen" - yours looks great too. Where did your headlight wipers go?

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL & 1995 E300D
459 Posts
I'll reiterate my previous post........two offerings and two negative feedbacks.......if anyone here is contemplating this car I would strongly suggest you reconsider.....or physically examine the car prior to purchase.....in addition to determining the cost of satisfying US Regs. If not....the thought "Pissing up a rope" comes to mind.

Gary

·
Registered
246 Posts
Rico

Heres the original MB info on the SEC for sale in Vancouver. As to my SEC Euro there were no headlite wipers on the little lady. I don't drive her in the rain! could be a serious shock to her system if I did? she only has 64,000 klms runs as new. Shes my Grandsons inheritance. I do have a 560 SEL Euro 300HP for sale Photo attached.

MBGary

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,104 Posts
Just to add my observations..

The car is listed as a '91, but has the pre-89 center console and rear seat center section, as well as the antenna switch.

So it is a Japan model. Why does it have the US style headlamps?
The seller is located in CA, but can't register the car in state because it would cost a further $3,000 to make it state legal. Why did he convert the headlamps (which should not even have been necessary anymore) before doing any of the emission work?

Dubious, indeed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts