Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My new w123 280 estate has water in only one of the rear floors. Its quite alot but it has been raining here (again).
The car has a manual sunroof but the frame is rust free and the tubes are clear. Does the sunroof only drin from the front with two tubes??
The floor is wet under the carpet and I dont know if its from the sunroof.
Where else could leak. Its on the drivers side in the in the rear floor. Where could it be coming from? It lloks like its from the 'B' post area. The rear door seal at the front of the door looks a little split along its length.

Help needed please before its too late.

thanks

D

·
Registered
'84 SEC EuroCoupe, '85 200T EuroWagon, 2012 Nissan Maxima SV Sport
3,172 Posts
Had the same problem when i got my 200T this past spring. Traced it to clogged drain in the fresh air vent in front of the windshield.
The "Touring and Transport" version of the W123 tends to sit lower in the rear so any water will flow to the rear footwell.
The driver's side vent is harder to remove because the wiper arm has to be taken off to take the grille off to clean out debris.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Also check your door seals. Top of the door frame, about two inches back from the front edge of the door.

·
Registered
1985 300TD
68 Posts
I have noticed the same problem

Can somebody list all the potential problem areas so that we can check through them all>?

·
Registered
1985 California 300 D Turbo Diesel and '85 Federal 300D Turbo Diesel. '84 Cali 300D - SOLD
360 Posts
Is there a link to printable (full size) pages for this info?

·
Registered
1978 300d
395 Posts
this may not be much help to you, but when i got my 300d the rear floors filled up everytime it rained. the gasket on my windshield was pretty worn and had gaps in some places, so i replaced it when i had to replace my windshield, and found that the car doesn't leak at all now.

·
Registered
1983 240d AT1993 e320 AT
2,270 Posts
this may not be much help to you, but when i got my 300d the rear floors filled up everytime it rained. the gasket on my windshield was pretty worn and had gaps in some places, so i replaced it when i had to replace my windshield, and found that the car doesn't leak at all now.
True. I did the same to my 240d and solved the pool of water on my 2nd row area. Aside from possible clogged drain areas as i posted, worn out weatherstrips (front and rear windshields and sunroof) are also possible causes.

@wesayso: PM me your email address and I'd send you the PDF copy.

·
Registered
1985 300TD
68 Posts
Sprayed water in the two plastic "cowls" in front of the windshield, and water drained steadily into the front foot wells on both the driver and passenger side of the vehicle. Also poured water into the two holes at the bottom of the A pillars that are fed by the "trough" that runs the length of the roof, also caused water to enter the cabin. Do both of these systems share a common drain or are they both potentially blocked?? Do you think this is the cause of my issue?

Vehicle is 85 300td.

·
Registered
1985 California 300 D Turbo Diesel and '85 Federal 300D Turbo Diesel. '84 Cali 300D - SOLD
360 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts