Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 E320. I have noticed over the past week that every time the car sits in a heavy rain or I wash the car that the rear driver side floor board becomes wet. No where else in the car is wet. Only the rear driver side. I jacked up the car and removed the dirt protector, then removed the drain plug. Water poured out. My guess is that there is a leak in the sunroof or trunk. However, I can find no evidence of that. Any advice?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wet Floor

With reguards to your wet floor problem, i have a 2003 320 CDI and had the same problem. You have to take the front near side wing off and you will find that the problem is where the sunroof hose and the windscreen drian hose are located on the inner wing, the drain holes on the inner wing are blocked with debris allowing water to fill up and leak into the inside of the car through a small gap on the frame. I cleaned the blocked area and sealed up the gap on the frame with sealer and this solved the wet floor problem. If you know a panel beater who has the tools you could fix the problem yourself, it takes about four hours......hopes this helps Davie Gourlay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts