Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving south down the Maine Turnpike, like near exit 36 (Saco), I was talking on my cell phone and then see a site, like never before! I see a masked off car, so I accellerate up right next to it, and then notice that it was a 2006 ML500(yes, 500), it was totally masked off, but I could tell because I saw the steering wheel with the mercedes emblem on it, and the door handles were chromed, so I figured it was a ML500. There were two german (i think) men, inside it. It looked very beautiful. Then sadly, I didn't have a camera after following it for like 5 minutes, and then the men inside floor it, and go ahead of me, and then after sometime, I floor my 2004 ML500 PLatinum Blue, and I catch up to it and then right in front of the 06 ml was a car carrier, you know the ones, that deliver the cars to dealers, and then ON THE TRUCK, WERE LIKE 8 ML350s and ML500s, ALL 2006 model year. I was amazed. But then, I moved right next to the truck, and all 8 or more(i didn't count) were with white tape, which meant they are customer cars, but all the insignia was masked off woth balck tape, and the hub caps were darken massivly![?]. And in front of this truck was another ML, I think it was 350, no chrome, was masked off and it was an 06.
So then I cancel my plans and trail these 2 MLs and the truck with all the other MLs for like 20 miles, and they end up at my Mercedes Dealer, Performance Motors LTD., and they go behind the dealer and the truck stoppes. I went to the dealer and tried to get a closer look, it was about 8:00pm, so then I pretend at looking at a S55 AMG and then watch the suvs.
So then I left, and came back the next day, THEY WEREN't THERE, and the dealer told me that the MLs come in in at the end of March, and their training wasn't until April 1st.
Any Suggestions, on how they were there one day and all of them were gone! The other weird thing is that the night before, I counted about 5 05 MLs in the dealers lot, and the next day, They weren't there!
Sorry, I don't have pictures, I didn't have my camera, phone because I was using my Motorola SmartPhone instead of My Nokia Communicator[V]

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
20,694 Posts
You may have seen vehicles being delivered for the M-Class First Drive program where dealership staff gets their first hands-on experiences. These sessions are scheduled strategically around the US between February 7th and April 20th. Although none are scheduled in Maine, it’s possible they were coming back from a similar event in Canada. As for stopping off at the dealership, maybe they did this as a favor so the employees could get a quick look at them. And as for the W163’s that “disappeared�, dealers sell cars like that in “lots� all the time. I know for a fact that there is a high demand for ML’s in California and many of the East Coast dealers transfer their inventory out there when they have too many on the lot.

By the way, I see W164’s every day, on the street with no disguising tape and regular silver rims. I live about 45 miles from the factory in the suburbs of Birmingham, AL and several of the factory execs drive them. Some of them are actually privately registered as opposed to having the manufacturer plates. I met up with one in a local shopping center one day a few months back and the owner let me sit in it and “inspect� it. Yesterday, on my way to work, I passed an R-Class (GST) in full disguise going the opposite direction. While I do carry a camera in my ML, I was in traffic and running late for work, so there was no opportunity to chase it down. But I am sure I will have many other opportunities in the near future.

- RODNEY

1 - 2 of 2 Posts