Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 280se 3.5 Cab, 06 C230, 06 ML350
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get my hands on the thin Grey colored opencell foam, I assume, material used to wrap some of the under dash wiring? For example, the connection, that plastic plug, between the HU speaker wire and the speaker wire. Mine is all crumbling and starting to fall down. Especially when I do something under the dash.

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
10,179 Posts
Anyone know where I can get my hands on the thin Grey colored opencell foam, I assume, material used to wrap some of the under dash wiring? For example, the connection, that plastic plug, between the HU speaker wire and the speaker wire. Mine is all crumbling and starting to fall down. Especially when I do something under the dash.
This is the stuff MB uses to pad the vynal area over the convertible cover. I used it to also replace the foam seals on my AC ducting. If I recall it was cheep.

Attachments

·
Registered
1978 280slc
3,203 Posts
All that foam stuff in my car is turning to dust also, good topic to bring up as we'll all end up having to repair this stuff eventually. Good luck finding your foam! Maybe check out an auto upholstery shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts