Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last friday was "mid night madness" at the Moroso Motorsport 1/4 mile track... my buddy Jaki (hes a member in the mbworld) called me up so we could go together.. he owns a w209 CLK55 .... We had great times and I got to do 5 runs in the 4 hours we were there.. my best run being 15.4 with an R.T of .5 and a 60ft of 2.3.... it was my first time with the SLK at a 1/4 mile track and I didnt expect anything out of this world from the 320 but was a little disappointed... I also wanted to go and get a baseline before installing the supercharger on the car........

also, here are some pics before going to the track...

·
2,594 Posts
a pullied SLK230 would do about 14.2, 14.3sec 1/4 mile. with a bit of weight reduction and 1/4 tank of fuel and ideal temps i think it could do a 14 flat...

since i removed the mesh restrictor behind the throttle butterfly on my car its definatly made a decent difference. stock boost ok fine.... but when your boosting over stock boost the mesh does become restrictive....

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Subby,

When removing the mesh screen that is between the throttle body and the intake you need to remove the gun sight item MB placed inside the MAF housing that is after the sensor. It comes right out and if you are careful you can save it. This piece can foul you intake manifold so take it out!!!!!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
some more pics at the track....

the CLK is my buddies.... notice the drag radials.. he pulled a 13 flat..

a pullied SLK230 would do about 14.2, 14.3sec 1/4 mile. with a bit of weight reduction and 1/4 tank of fuel and ideal temps i think it could do a 14 flat...

I have a hard time believing any 230 can do 14 flat when a 350hp SLK does mid 13s..low 13s stock. Does anyone have time slips ??

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
I have run 13.0 stock in the SLK32. The car can run 12.8 stock with either a better driver or better traction.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I would think it needs a better driver :big laugh:

·
2,594 Posts
im sure it can do it... take out spare tyre + tools etc, 1/4 tank fuel, driver skill and depending what mods done.

SLK32
1495.5 kg
349.00 BHP (at flywheel)

power to weight ratio = 0.23 hp per kg

SLK230 (with pulley kit and minor mods)
1384 kg (this info varies from place to place but it seems to be around the 1,300 mark)
250 BHP (at flywheel)

power to weight ratio = 0.18 hp per kg

difference = 0.05...

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have run 13.0 stock in the SLK32. The car can run 12.8 stock with either a better driver or better traction.
Thats in a "best case" scenario... and I believe you, but im talking avg. wise with full interior...etc. But 13 is veeeery good!!

im sure it can do it... take out spare tyre + tools etc, 1/4 tank fuel, driver skill and depending what mods done.

SLK230 (with pulley kit and minor mods)
1384 kg (this info varies from place to place but it seems to be around the 1,300 mark)
250 BHP (at flywheel)

power to weight ratio = 0.18 hp per kg

difference = 0.05...
well... i ran the car with little less than 1/2 tank and full out interior... maybe ill try it some other time with stripped trunk no pass. seat and no gas.... LoL.

OJwerks what is the tint on those taillights?
It was professionally done by my shop using automotive PPG paint & clear... its extremely glossy in daylight and light goes through perfectly as seen in the pics... but I have to admit they are a bit to dark for my taste.... y may endup swapping them out & redoing them..

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
It was professionally done by my shop using automotive PPG paint & clear... its extremely glossy in daylight and light goes through perfectly as seen in the pics... but I have to admit they are a bit to dark for my taste.... y may endup swapping them out & redoing them..
Probably better to buy a new set on ebay and do them. Send your current ones to me :)

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Thats in a "best case" scenario... and I believe you, but im talking avg. wise with full interior...etc. But 13 is veeeery good!!
My 13.0 run was with the car completly stock, no stripped interior, no pulley kit, no nothing.

I was a bit dissapointed that I did not break into the 12's stock but as infrequently as I go to the track I guess I should not have been all that surprised.

Traction is the biggest issue in launching the car.

·
Registered
153 Posts
To OJworks : what performance mods have you done to your 320 and what has the horsepower been increased to?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
My 13.0 run was with the car completly stock, no stripped interior, no pulley kit, no nothing.

I was a bit dissapointed that I did not break into the 12's stock but as infrequently as I go to the track I guess I should not have been all that surprised.

Traction is the biggest issue in launching the car.
well..13s is really good, you could always use some 17" drag radials in the rear with an LSD

To OJworks : what performance mods have you done to your 320 and what has the horsepower been increased to?
-W203 air box & green filters
-Magnacor racing spark plug wires & iridium plugs
-full custom cat-back 2.5" exhaust..

nothing worthwhile to really improve on 1/4 mile that much.. but that will change soon;)

are those VI's 18's or 19's
18s.. 225/40 front & 245/40 in the back(for now, ill be switching them to 255/35s soon)

Probably better to buy a new set on ebay and do them. Send your current ones to me :)
Ill keep you posted... maybe an even trade? we can work something out with overnight shipping or something so we dont have our cars stuck in the garage with no lights.. lol.

do you have facelift tails on your car?

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Ill keep you posted... maybe an even trade? we can work something out with overnight shipping or something so we dont have our cars stuck in the garage with no lights.. lol.

do you have facelift tails on your car?
We can work something like - you buy a set lights from ebay i'll reimburse you for costs of lights+ shipping

Set of lights should be 50-60$ shipped

eBay Motors: 2001-04 MERCEDES SLK 32/SLK 230/SLK 320 TAIL LIGHT SET (item 190199496505 end time Feb-23-08 16:37:37 PST)

SLK taillights, Parts Accessories, eBay Motors items on eBay.com

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ran the 320 yesterday best time was with my gf in the passenger seat at 15.5 at 88mph (130lb more).... can anyone tell me what I can do to get my time to the 13-14, my friends 4c Colbolt supercharged was neck n neck with me....and my other friends M3 blew my doors off =] (13.3) lol

·
Registered
292 Posts
Have your girlfriend watch from the bleachers and drop 2 lbs of pressure out of your tires to improve traction

1 - 20 of 22 Posts