Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..as many of you know..l have had my 02 ML 55, in the shop for over a week now.....There was a unreal vibration coming from underneath the vehicle right up through the driver's seat, accompanied with a nice loud groan....(of course..this happened only in drive, not in park..., only under load would this scenario happen..)
Here's what they replaced....
1. All the motors mounts...(nope..didn't work)
2. The transmission mounts....(nope..didn't work)
3. Remove the entire exhaust, front to back..only too find out, when it was unloosened..it moved an entire three inches....Somehow..there was quite a bit of tension bottled up under there....
Conclusion..much nicer ride....is the viration entirely gone..."NO"..but l'm tired of having "Nic", the technician,give me the "l don't know look"...[:(!]

·
Registered
2011 GLK,2007 S550,2003 S55,2008 CLK,2009 C300,1996 E300,2005 E320,2002 E3
1,355 Posts
C-rod:
At least you got a few parts out if the ordeal. You know what sucks though, is that we are stuck between the dealer and the manufacturer. I have had several vehicles with known problems that nothing could be done because the Manufacturer did not authorize the repair. I complained to the point that they frowned when I walked in the door. I guess the days are gone when the mechanics really looked for the problem. Now they basically say "there is no light on", there is nothing wrong[:(]
I am glad it worked out for ya Bud[:D]

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure..l have 70,000 Km's on it..to convert that, l think it is 70,000 times 0.62 for mileage.....

·
BenzWorld Post Whore
10 E350 4MATIC
3,832 Posts
vibration comes from too much powa crankin out of that AMG package!

...so just learn to get used to it and the gobs of torque! [:D][:D]

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (Sold)
404 Posts
I know the feeling but it was worse when my wife and kids broke down 3 times and all 3 times had to get towed before they found a bad connector.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts