Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, karma is a definitely a B****

i had been putting off purchasing new tires for a while and it bit me in the A**...driving home from work last night went around a wide bend and she under steered off the road. when i came back on it did a full 180 and smacked right into the curb.. :crybaby2:

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
6,543 Posts
What a shame,,, a lot of parts under there to change,,,seconds to bend it and weeks to put it straight

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeahh your tellin me! i could visibly see the rear control arms and struts looked like crushed up paper clips.. im getting the full damage assessment today, could see much as it happened last night around 10, pouring rain but luckily it was a back road

·
Registered
562 Posts
Holy blank. Blank me. Happy you're okay.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy blank. Blank me. Happy you'returns okay.
this is exactly what was going through my mind when i passed the telephone pole, mailbox, And a fire hydrant! im going to take some day pictures tomorrow when i go take a look at her ill post em up asap.

·
Registered
880 Posts
you can start a new look with that, just look at that camber, all the tuner cars will want a stance like this.

in all seriousness though i'm sorry this happened and i'm glad you are ok.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you know what ive heard that so many times already and when it was on the flat bed the wheel was upright and ya know what? besides all the grass and dirt it looked pretty dope :D but then i almost cried when the lugs snapped as in rolled off the flatbed..reality set in quick there

but yes thank you im am very okay although my wallet is screaming in pain i have no bruise or anything, could have been much worse as i traveled at least 5 miles highway before that!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
""tsk tsk tsk. Im dreading the undercarriage pics""

so am i :( i can promise i wasn't speeding either. even though im an adolescent i know every aspect of my cars limits..this one took me by surprise

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Sad part is you wont know till you change everything that looks trashed and get it on the alignment rack. Just wish your subframe is fine.

Control arms and thrust rods aren't that expensive, and your hub/axle should be fine.

im guessing 600$ in parts best case. worst.. add a zero

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Sorry to hear about what happened! I can't imagine this will be cheap to fix. Maybe try to find some used parts at a junkyard or buy a nice parts car if it makes better sense. The way this wheel is reminds me of the way my wheel was when I effed up on something minor like tightening the lugbolts.

I was driving and my car started to sound like a helicopter for some odd reason. It was gradually getting louder and louder so I stopped and got out and looked around and everything was good. So I kept driving. Then my car started sounding like two helicopters at the same time. :eek: When I stepped out I saw my left rear rim was being held on by one lugbolt and the top portion of the wheel was sticking out past the rim. I thought I had screwed something up... Thinking quickly I took a lugbolt off of each other rim and used it on the left rear rim. I jacked the car up and bolted them on. No harm done. Bought new bolts and had all rims torqued to 110 nm.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"The sliver lining in this is...you are ok."

very good point my man i could have really done my self in, only inches from a telephone pole ill take pictures to show how close it really was.

but thanks for al the support guys :) in all honesty if this is going to cost somewhere between 25-3000 dollars i may just give up and part her out, purchasing a parts car is just not worth the hassle and its not the best thing for me im 17 years old, fulltime student. there is just no way to ever get back the money i would need to put in its just a poor investment that way..i will be very sad to let her go the car has been in my family for 14 years! but i have to do the smartest thing financially at this point. i will let you all know details when i go see her tomorrow. thanks for all the support everyone!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Mzollo! Bummer man nice looking ride!! I hope you get it fixed with no problems. Where in NC you located ? I believe if it were mine I would be shopping for some used parts !! Eddie A. here on the boards usually has some decent parts cars. If your handy you might be able to other than alignment wrench it back todgether! If your rim is fubared I have a set of 4 laying in my garage!! Good luck and speedy recovery!!

Smokie

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mzollo! Bummer man nice looking ride!! I hope you get it fixed with no problems. Where in NC you located ? I believe if it were mine I would be shopping for some used parts !! Eddie A. here on the boards usually has some decent parts cars. If your handy you might be able to other than alignment wrench it back todgether! If your rim is fubared I have a set of 4 laying in my garage!! Good luck and speedy recovery!!

ok so i know for a fact i need one wheel and a lower control arm..the shop i towed it to was useless but its being transferred to a trustworthy indy in the morning. any help on finding a lower control arm, cv shaft wold be nice!:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts

ok so i know for a fact i need one wheel and a lower control arm..the shop i towed it to was useless but its being transferred to a trustworthy indy in the morning. any help on finding a lower control arm, cv shaft wold be nice!:thumbsup:
Ill sell you all the parts you need for $200.00 Pm me and Ill hook you up....

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Way ta go Eddie!!! you da pahts man alright!! Get this Carolina boy fixed up and back on the road!!! Still ain't told me where in NC u at bub!!

Smokie

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Way ta go Eddie!!! you da pahts man alright!! Get this Carolina boy fixed up and back on the road!!! Still ain't told me where in NC u at bub!!

Smokie
ahh sorry! haha im currently located in Winston Salem, the dash, tre_fo which ever you you prefer :D but i may be relocating to Hickory sometime in the near future, could be fun to take the old lady round the mountains!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Hey cool man !! I up for some twisty road runnin!!! And if you ever want to get away for a weekend we own a tourist rental right close by!!! Pretty country over here!! But I am gettin ready to haul ass to Fl for the winter and will be back in Apr. I think Eddie will get you up and running !! Great guy and will treat you fair!!!

Smokie

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts