Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was 'tipped' that the MB would have it at a local hotel for dealer training. They 3 maroon/beige C320s and one black/grey C240. None sports. Two had fold down rear seats.<p>I don't have a digital camera, so pics will have to wait.<p>First, I think this car will hurt the E-series...big time. Next to a C320 an E320 looks postively prehistoric. Its fenders and grill seem so straight and so high to be a 50's Rolls Royce.<p>Second, on looks, detail, and comfort, BMW and Audi should also be concerned. This car is very attractive from most angles. The interior is VERY nice. Leather appears to be of good quality. Window switches are on the door, unfortunately on the bottom and not on the arm rest. Power mirror control is above the headlamp switch. The front and rear seats are comfortable. I could easily sit behind my 5'10" self, although rear legroom wasn't exactly roomy. The fold down seat has its seam in the middle of the side bolster and doesn't interfer with rear seat comfort. There are 8 switches on the top of the console, at least two were blank an every car. There are rear seat vents in the center console. Overall, the interior felt comparable in quality if not size to our 528.<p>Third, I am not sure this car works in black. Our order is black/black, and simply, this is a small car for black. I am wondering if one of the lighter colors will be nicer.<p>David

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cool thanks for the update...so the car didn't look to hot in black huh?

: I was 'tipped' that the MB would have it at a local hotel for dealer training. They 3 maroon/beige C320s and one black/grey C240. None sports. Two had fold down rear seats.<p>I don't have a digital camera, so pics will have to wait.<p>First, I think this car will hurt the E-series...big time. Next to a C320 an E320 looks postively prehistoric. Its fenders and grill seem so straight and so high to be a 50's Rolls Royce.<p>Second, on looks, detail, and comfort, BMW and Audi should also be concerned. This car is very attractive from most angles. The interior is VERY nice. Leather appears to be of good quality. Window switches are on the door, unfortunately on the bottom and not on the arm rest. Power mirror control is above the headlamp switch. The front and rear seats are comfortable. I could easily sit behind my 5'10" self, although rear legroom wasn't exactly roomy. The fold down seat has its seam in the middle of the side bolster and doesn't interfer with rear seat comfort. There are 8 switches on the top of the console, at least two were blank an every car. There are rear seat vents in the center console. Overall, the interior felt comparable in quality if not size to our 528.<p>Third, I am not sure this car works in black. Our order is black/black, and simply, this is a small car for black. I am wondering if one of the lighter colors will be nicer.<p>David<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, you're lucky !! more

What options did the car's have ? Anything unique<br>to this vehicle ?? Keep us updated !!<p>Thanks<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drove it in May...

My mother-in-law got one for a test driver in Germany. It was a fairly stripped-down C220 CDI, so I couldn't check out all the nice goodies we get in the U.S. I agree that it's a pretty good car. It doesn't feel like you're driving a tank around like the W202, even though the W203 is heavier, but it still feels solid. I think that difference is in the suspension. Of course, the handling and road feel were MUCH better than the W202. I was most dissapointed with the rear legroom because I expected it to be bigger than the W202. At least it didn't feel smaller. I'm also a bit disappointed with the overall styling, but I think It'll grow on me. Especially if the C32 performance numbers are as good as early reports claim.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
David: I also saw the new C240(at MB headquarters in Montvale) and drove the 320. I have ordered a black/black 240 and also thought about the color making it appear smaller. I might change to silver, would like to correspond with you furthur. Please e mail me at above address. Thanks.<p>Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts