Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Its raining so cant get the outside pics...i want to post some of the scuffs and stuff on the bumper...enjoy
I see that you have the same/similar driver seat "rash" as I have, yea, guilty here of sliding down/into the seat :D

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
yes...it was there when i got it. thought of painting it with a dye...but its so small that it didnt seem worth it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Why the crankshaft bearings? This is a major repair and to be honest I have never heard of a 103/116/117 motors ever needing it done. Lastly, you never mentioned if there is any rust on the vehicle. Thanks again and sorry for all the questions. Your ad is very detailed and inspires confidence - I just need to get a complete idea about the vehicle.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
i wish i ask questions before i buy cars :)
dont apologize. there is no rust at all. none.
the bearings were never the problem. if you read my posts you will sorta see how i got to the issue. the issue started when a month after i bought this car, it started hesitating when the car was cold...once it got warm....zooom. no issues. i had zero mechanical knowledge then so sorta depended on friends and local indy here to figure out whats wrong. At that time we heard a small tapping noice...which combined with a lack of power. the Indy here said it was the bearings. So my friend helped me changed those. the bearings were fine. the problem didnt go away. so we started looking else where and found the camshaft issue. so all of them have been addressed. the engine is really really quiet when idling now. my wife has a 2013 ml350 and that sounds more than this engine. so yes, she is healthy. i have always posted all my shortcomings on this site the minute i encountered them so please search my postings. as you can see i am not very mechanical oriented but this car has taught me so much. thats the reason for my attachment to her.

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
I've always been rather mechanically inclined but when I first bought my SE I was "afraid" I'd screw something up (you know, it's a MERCEDES BENZ :eek:) but once I figured out HOW they put it together, piece of cake :thumbsup: And now it's kinda an obsession in fixing what goes wrong/wears out/leaks :D

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
And....she is gone

So she is gone. Sold to another Mercedes fanatic. Had a 300SD and wanted a gasser. he was so much in love with it that he begged to take the car home yesterday itself (without asking his wife ...trouble :D)

very sad day to see the garage empty. but she went to a good home...i am going to miss her.

thanks to every one on this board who showed interest. it meant a lot to me when folks commended how good she looked. thanks again. never have i been so attached to anything that i missed this much. i left my country when i was 19...i didnt miss my parents or my home...never cried. but yesterday i did (i think my wife got a little jealous at one point)

thanks again.
(I got 3425 for it. i thought she was worth somewhere between 2800 and 4000...so not bad price i guess)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts