Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know my dad was talking about me getting an upgrade.. well here it is.

We still have the SEL but it's gonna have to go, my mom wants a new car too so yeah.. anyways here's my new car.

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol well idk, it's hard to say.. I was always a fan of 2 door cars for 1 and it's really quick for me.. I know eventually i'll have another 126.

·
Registered
E320
2,798 Posts
oallelsefailo said:
I know eventually i'll have another 126.
that's what i said when i got my first merc (280CE) about VW mk2 golfs. haven't gone back since. good luck with it. hope it's been taken care of. i was half tempted to snag up an Alpina V12 7 series when i was shopping for a 126, but i couldn't resist the MB quality over the flagship bimmer.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Those little M3 coupes are something else.....like a slot car, they handle like they can actually sense what you are thinking.

Coming from a W126 into that BMW is a real change, kind of like getting out of a truck and onto a motorcycle, almost.

So........ease into it, because you can get yourself into a LOT of trouble with a car like that, they really inspire confidence, they really go where you point them, they are so quick and handle so well, they could make you feel like you are a better driver than you are. They are REAL serious driver's cars, they not only look it but they deliver the goods.

You should seriously think about taking a high performance driving school like Bob Bondurant's, to get the full enjoyment out of a car like that.

Also, beware of jealous cops in Southern California. From the looks of the pictures it looks to me like you are running illegal tints on the front windows, and it's also against the law to run with no front plates in California. Better you heard this from us here, now, than from Johnny Law later on.

Good choice! Drive it safely.

·
Registered
'85 500SEL
1,829 Posts
cascade said:
Those little 3 series coupes are something else.....like a slot car, they handle like they can actually sense what you are thinking.

Coming from a W126 into that BMW is a real change, kind of like getting out of a truck and onto a motorcycle, almost.

I agree totally, I was getting about in an E36 328i last year when my 126 was under repair...what a blast I had in that thing
I loved that little thing and didn't want to give it back

Great car you have received there, what is it anyway?
I see it has an 'M' badge, is it genuine?

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol thats how we bought it. Clears were on there but i dont care for em, seems like EVERYONE gets them.

The tint isn't on there though, previous owner said it started to bubble so he took it off.. but of course the way i am, i'm putting 5% all around it :D I've had it on my benz and cops never stopped me, i know eventually i'll get stopped but til then, dark dark tint!

Damon -> It's a 95 M3.

It's got H&R springs and Koni shocks, UUC system U exhaust, AA chip, Euro HFM, and cold air intake. So there's not much performance wise, but it will haul ass.

·
Registered
1990 W126 300SE - High Mileage Award
995 Posts
I hope you at least got a manual transmission! Anyway, good luck with the new car, and make sure you sell your W126 to someone who wants it as a third or fourth car and won't drive it too much - that way you increase the odds that you can buy it back from them when you inevitably wish to do so.

·
Registered
1985 500 SEC, 2005 E320
1,294 Posts
well at least it's a 2 door. good luck with it. I would have gone for a newer Merc though myself instead of stepping down to a BMW. I guess you'll be moving on to the BMW forums. Take care.

·
Registered
1982 300CD|1998 GMC Sierra 2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel|2008 Chevy Cobalt 2.2L DD
2,003 Posts
How much are you getting rid of your 560sel for? I need one. But I need to sell mine still haha,

·
Registered
E320
2,798 Posts
DarkOneSK said:
well at least it's a 2 door. good luck with it. I would have gone for a newer Merc though myself instead of stepping down to a BMW. I guess you'll be moving on to the BMW forums. Take care.
i wouldn't call it stepping down, but more so stepping into another realm.

BMW= ultimate driving machine
MB= ultimate luxury machine

but yeah, the clears have to go. and that muffler! there's a strict rule in the BMW, VW, AUDI, and Porsche world.. no DTM/upturned tips! you'll be ostricized from the bimmer forums! i have a freind with an E27 and a VW mk2 and he didn't believe me at first until he mentioned something about wanting a large oval upturned tip. haha.. but all in all, it's a nice car. you know, if it were mine, i'd debadge it and put basic 318i body pieces on it. sleeeper. :D

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes it's manual, 5 speed.

And no one's said anything about the tips. I think they stick out pretty far but heck i dont care, i dont wanna spend money to change it up, it's fine to me as it is.

I like the M3 badge too :-D Def dont wanna take that off.

Oh and about selling the 560SEL, we're not sure how much yet. Do you have a budget or anything?

·
Registered
995 Posts
You can probably take your tips off and turn them upside down for free... even if they are welded on, a sawzall and a few adapters later, you're all set.

Edit: Wow, that looks incredibly stupid now that I photoshopped it upside down. Definitely do NOT turn them upside down!

Attachments

·
Registered
995 Posts
NüR-SPEC said:
i'd debadge it and put basic 318i body pieces on it. sleeeper. :D
Indeed! Get some steel wheels too.

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
300se126 said:
You can probably take your tips off and turn them upside down for free... even if they are welded on, a sawzall and a few adapters later, you're all set.

Edit: Wow, that looks incredibly stupid now that I photoshopped it upside down. Definitely do NOT turn them upside down!
LOL that looks SOOO bad, hahaa.

·
Registered
E320
2,798 Posts
300se126 said:
Indeed! Get some steel wheels too.
haha.. that's what the VW crowd does. 15" corrado steelies cut in half, then have a band of steel welded in, grind em down, and repaint them black. all the look of the steel wheels, but widened enough to look sexy and provide a bigger footprint.

·
Registered
500 SE 86' 260 SE 87' 280 SE 83'
25 Posts
I want to buy your sel and move him to Iceland, need sel in my collection :D

so if you have any idea what you want for him pm me.

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hjaltibenz said:
I want to buy your sel and move him to Iceland, need sel in my collection :D

so if you have any idea what you want for him pm me.

heh, are you being serious about that?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts