Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my car. I thought I'd give everyone a good look after I spent the whole day washing and detailing, and because I've never really introduced it either. I still have yet to polish all the chrome as I'm still looking for a good polish that's safe to use around automotive paint. For those of you who read my earlier post about dash protectants and MBTex care, I found some old stuff in the garage today called "Clear Guard." It's a Turtle Wax product that I tried on the dash today and so far I'm very impressed with it. You only need a few small dabs to coat the whole dash and then some. It's really great stuff and it doesn't leave that greasy Armor All look that collects dust. The other products I used were Meguiar's Gold Class soap, Turtle Wax Ultra Gloss and Ultra Gloss Detailer. The wax is that Carnauba stuff that smells nice and doesn't leave that white chalky crap when you buff it out. After the wax, I hit it with the detailer spray, spread it around and wiped it dry and now the paint just shines like nothing else. To the touch, the finish is a lot smoother now after all the detail work. Plus a lot (not all) but a lot of the stains (dirt rings) are now gone. The previous owners had parked it under a tree, hence the dirt rings. Anyway, it cleaned up real nice.

Enjoy!

(BTW: The black S55 is my dad's car, not mine.)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Very nice... nothing beats a good detail personally accomplished by its owner! Happy Holidays and enjoy your classic ride! :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm gonna write all that down, my car needs the same TLC and it seems like the fella's I pay never seem to do a very nice job. 100 bucks doesn't get you very much anymore.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna write all that down, my car needs the same TLC and it seems like the fella's I pay never seem to do a very nice job. 100 bucks doesn't get you very much anymore.
I find that the dealer always misses a few spots, leaving small bits of un-buffed wax or a chunk of leather polish inside.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
That car is in very nice condition, and less then 98K, its practically brand new. It looks ready for the dealers floor, see if you can get a job at the dealer. I wish my car was in that condition and not cooked in the california sun, but if it was in that good of condition, I wouldn't want to drive it hehe

·
Always Remembered RIP
10,146 Posts
Looks showroom new. I love how they can "clean up"

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That car is in very nice condition, and less then 98K, its practically brand new. It looks ready for the dealers floor, see if you can get a job at the dealer. I wish my car was in that condition and not cooked in the california sun, but if it was in that good of condition, I wouldn't want to drive it hehe
Ready for the showroom floor? Noooooo way. There's still lots of cosmetic work to be done.

The car came from San Diego so that's why the door seals are bad. The PO tried to save them but failed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Please join our growing W123/old MB meet, that car deserves to be exhibited! :) I'm sure those from your area in NorCal would love to go in a caravan for the meet.
I would go if I wasn't back in school that week. Maybe someday there'll be a W123 thing up here.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I would go if I wasn't back in school that week. Maybe someday there'll be a W123 thing up here.
Let me guess does semester start on the 5th?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Please join our growing W123/old MB meet, that car deserves to be exhibited! :) I'm sure those from your area in NorCal would love to go in a caravan for the meet.
I'm ready!

240_benz Wish my interior was so nice. It's nice but not that nice. Then I went gauge crazy after my vegoil conversion. I have a dash mat covering a few cracks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
man I cant wait to get the 280TE back on the road so I can drive it down there and attend one of the meets.
x2. Except change the T to a C.

Road trip!

FB

1 - 16 of 16 Posts