·
R/C107 Moderator
31,588 Posts
Fantastic find. I hate you.........

in a friendly way.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
The only problem with those recaros is they need to be stripped and dyed beige to match the color in my car! Good find!

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have a set of those as well. Mine have power recline and heat and speakers in the headrest.
I got seat tracks on e-bay that were original equip to put those into a 107. Don't see them very often but they exist and no adapter required.

·
Premium Member
9,689 Posts
I am happy to report that today the search has ended... :elefant:
Excellent find. I checked the price of a new set of top line Recaro's a while back and they were like $9000.00. That's definitely after paint for me.

·
Always Remembered RIP
3,381 Posts
I'm speechless. :cool:

OK what did they cost?:D We won't tell your wife.

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've contacted Recaro USA and Recaro DE and 107 adapaters are NLA. So the plan is to take a pair of dilapidated seats, cut out the base frames and weld tabs to accommodate the Recaros. Will post photos of the process when that project comes to life.

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright, two months later I've finally got to crackin' on the Recaro seat adapters. As mentioned before Recaro USA and Germany confirmed that the adapter brackets are no longer available. I have only seen two pair come to market in the past several years. There is a seller eBay.de who offers adapters but when I requested photos the reply was that photos were not available as the adapters are made to order and at 129 euros each plus shipping plus the shitty exchange rate, no thanks.

Bondavi has offered to pull his seats and photograph the adapters for reference but I couldn't wait any longer. The Recaros were just sitting so neglected, so beautiful and crying for attention.

So the project began. Made a trip to the local JY and pulled a pair of seat bottoms and bases from a CFC 560sl. Popped into the local hardware and grabbed some angle iron and one inch strap. Then the angle grinder, chop saw and MIG welder rolled out of the garage. The stage was set and the results were perfect.:thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 77 Posts