Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Eurocharged ECU E500, OE Tuning ECU/Speedriven TCU SL600 V12TT, 2007 Range Rover Supercharged
235 Posts
Any deeper discount for the new Bluetooth module than the $50.00 you're currently offering?

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI
44 Posts
My car is a 2005 W211 E320CDI. It has the digital TeleAid. Will the built-in microphone work or will I need to install another microphone? If I need another one is it included with the iTronic BT? Also will my entire phonebook (TMobile SDA) download to COMAND or is there a limit to the number of phonebook entries?

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI
44 Posts
Anyone there? Bueller? Bueller?

·
Registered
ML350
686 Posts
My car is a 2005 W211 E320CDI. It has the digital TeleAid. Will the built-in microphone work or will I need to install another microphone? If I need another one is it included with the iTronic BT? Also will my entire phonebook (TMobile SDA) download to COMAND or is there a limit to the number of phonebook entries?

The Mobridge kit will come with a seperate microphone which you will need to install and route the wire back to the main module.

·
Registered
2007 C350
144 Posts
The Mobridge kit will come with a seperate microphone which you will need to install and route the wire back to the main module.
Rob, correct me if I am wrong, but is this in essence no different than what the factory does? What I am asking is does the factory phone install use a separate mic from the Teleaid mic? Any idea where the mics (Teleaid and phone) are in a MOST based C class?

·
Registered
2005 CL65 AMG, 2007 Ferrari F430
790 Posts
Hey guys, we include a microphone with the iTRONIC. We have found many things about MOST based Mercedes.
1. Not all cars include a mic
2. The impedance of the mic is not standard (making tuning a bear)
3. The sound quality of most of the mics are very poor

So we include a really nice noise canceling mic.

AND FOR THE MANY TIMES WE HAVE POSTED THIS - THIS ...IS NOT... a mobridge product. This is our own product. The only similarity, is we use a common supplier for one of the components. Kind of like Intel is an many computer manufacturers products.

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI
44 Posts
What about the phonebook? Do all entries download to COMAND or is there a limit?

·
Registered
2005 CL65 AMG, 2007 Ferrari F430
790 Posts
Depending on the year of your car (which determines the head unit) - your car can have a 100, 200, 500, or 1000 limit.

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI
44 Posts
Depending on the year of your car (which determines the head unit) - your car can have a 100, 200, 500, or 1000 limit.
2005 E320 CDI, as I stated above.

·
Registered
ML350
686 Posts
Rob, correct me if I am wrong, but is this in essence no different than what the factory does? What I am asking is does the factory phone install use a separate mic from the Teleaid mic? Any idea where the mics (Teleaid and phone) are in a MOST based C class?
If you have no teleaid and no phone system installed then there is a chance that you have no microphones. Many vehicles still do though. If you have both teleaid and phone system then the microphone routes into the phone system and a loop output then sends the same signal on to the teleaid. If you have VCS then the mic inputs to the VCS instead but still loops to the teleaid.

The biggest issue with the mics is the connectors are different between vehicles and some have 32 pins and cannot easily be ordered which is why i am guessing they didnt choose to go the adapter to existing mic route. You get more consistant operation if you only have one mic to deal with.

The C class microphones are always on the overhead console.

·
Registered
ML350
686 Posts
AND FOR THE MANY TIMES WE HAVE POSTED THIS - THIS ...IS NOT... a mobridge product. This is our own product. The only similarity, is we use a common supplier for one of the components. Kind of like Intel is an many computer manufacturers products.

Im not trying to make trouble for you but your product is *clearly* the same as the mobridge. observe the attached pictures below...

The position of all the connectors are identical between the units as are the silkscreened labling of the connectors : "power", "memory card", "mp3 player", and "aux". The metal casing is the exact same shape as well. The footprint of both the casing and connectors being the same dictates that the mainboard is likely the same. Furthermore it looks as though you simply rebranded by placing your sticker over the "mobridge" silkscreen.

Its not a big deal, rebranding goes on all the time and we see it alot; it doesnt mean that the product is bad. Mobridge units that i have installed for porshce have certainly worked well so I would expect these to work well also.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts