Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1991 AMG C126
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself, and my new addition to the family. A 1991 AMG 560 SEC.
I've been reading this forum for years and the information has been essential in my multi year quest to find my dream car. Thanks to all the members with the how-to and the buyers guides ect...too many members to list but thank you! :bowdown:

And now for a picture.
She has 23,500 miles on her...and not a leak, drip, seep or spill. :D

-Henry

·
Registered
Two '87 570SECs, one '87 560SEL
4,470 Posts
Welcome!

Beautiful car - pretty much perfect. I'd add Euro headlights but that is a good looking car!!

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,992 Posts
Welcome! And +1 on what Mike said! beautiful car!

We have twins as I also have a '91 SEC in 199 black too!

If you need or want the manuals, PM me your email.

·
Registered
1981 380SL - Lorinser bodykit w/16x7 LOs - AKA "Frau Blau"(Lady Blue)
7,563 Posts
Suh-weet!!!

·
Registered
'84 500 SEC Euro 040 black Lorinser 2005 sl500
2,516 Posts
Very nice! Is that the Chicago AMG that was once a ball players ride?

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Very nice. If that is the one kodiak is talking about I think you got a pretty good deal. The price was semi recently cut in half. I was begging a buddy of mine to buy it, especially since he works at one of that dealer's other dealerships, but he likes his rice burners too much.

·
Registered
1988 560SEC Euro Clone Lorinser Clone
1,572 Posts
very nice. details? we see the exhaust, us-spec body kit and aeros. what other goodies does it have?

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
2,056 Posts
Stunning!!!! Would love to know if you have solid lifters. If so, please PM me and I would like to compare notes. Welcome to the board.

Mike

·
Registered
1991 AMG C126
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:D Wow, glad to see the very warm welcome. Thanks everybody! I'll try and answer everyone's questions.

Welcome!

Beautiful car - pretty much perfect. I'd add Euro headlights but that is a good looking car!!
Thanks!
I need to check out that frankenbenz. Thing looks absolutely mental...I want! :thumbsup:

Welcome! And +1 on what Mike said! beautiful car!

We have twins as I also have a '91 SEC in 199 black too!

If you need or want the manuals, PM me your email.
Thanks for the compliments! The 199 is one beautiful color.. I love it. I see you have the w126 bug bad. ;) To answer your question: I have the owners manual but i'll send you a pm. Never can have too much paperwork for these cars.

bandit96.. ianrandom.. thanks! Starting to seem everyone has a nice ride...:thumbsup:

kodiakj2 Very nice! Is that the Chicago AMG that was once a ball players ride?
Thanks! and yep, thats the one!

Ak3249 Congrats love the car, any engine mods in it from amg?
Thanks!...your answer is at the bottom

w126Sam Very nice. If that is the one kodiak is talking about I think you got a pretty good deal. The price was semi recently cut in half. I was begging a buddy of mine to buy it, especially since he works at one of that dealer's other dealerships, but he likes his rice burners too much.
Thanks...and seriously thanks to your buddy! I actually talked the price down a bit too...so I am very happy with the deal I got.:D

oisaj_dude Very nice! Congrats and welcome
Thanks! Liking what you did with the 380!

Mapearso and trooper 6: Thanks!

Now for the AMG bits
Besides what you see...I have discovered what looks to be AMG Headers. (so AMG full exhaust) and AMG suspension. In the trunk was a crazy sound system and a 3rd brake light spoiler that was removed by 2nd owner... So far it seems like the modern day "sport pack"
as for the rest...I will find out. The timing chain, tensioner and all fluids are going to be replaced as a matter of principal (and peace of mind)...when that happens I will see what other goodies lay in store.
Thanks again for the warm welcome, and bonus points for who can identify these headers!

Few other pics.

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
Looks like AMG headers to me, but those with AMNG headers on their rides can chime in. Very nice ride.

·
R.I.P. Never Forgotten
1983-2007 MB's
8,023 Posts
Pop the oil filler cap and take pics of the underside of the cam lobe. That will be telling if the things got solid lifters or not.

·
Premium Member
1991 560 SEC 1994 E500 2014 E350 Cab
7,029 Posts
Does your wife know about the girl you are hiding in the garage?:rolleyes:

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
That's sure a beautiful, authentic AMG car. My '91 coupe is the same color (199 Pearl Black) with 261 black leather though.

The rear spoller and burl console box appear to be original AMG accessories.

It was likel prepped at the AMG facility that was in Westmont, Illinois (and not Affalterbach Germany) if it was delivered to Chicago at first.

The stance and wheels look especially wonderful!

Definately could use euro lights/wipers/motors though. But other wise I would leave it as it sits.

·
Registered
1991 AMG C126
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
281lxm Does your wife know about the girl you are hiding in the garage?
:rotfl: Thats a 2 page thread at least right there...:D

Thanks for all the responses and good words! Its very humbling. :eek:

Maxixe i would love to know how she moves..., I hope she does what I am expecting but...until the timing chain is replaced and brad penn is put in (thanks jono!) with all new fluids...too scared to WOT her, or even come close.

bondavi Pop the oil filler cap and take pics of the underside of the cam lobe. That will be telling if the things got solid lifters or not.
Got some not so good pictures coming your way. If it does have any engine modifications I will be surprised. Any info as always is greatly appreciated. I know the basics of car mechanics, but a lot of you guys are way above my skill level...and that's why I like it here! :bowdown:

It was likely prepped at the AMG facility that was in Westmont, Illinois (and not Affalterbach Germany) if it was delivered to Chicago at first.
Cascade, thanks for the compliments and loving your car! (i'm quite biased to the number 199) ;)
and you win!. It is a Westmont,IL car. The Chicago Bulls player brought it to them...Chicago thru and thru. Very cool to know about the console box..i was wondering about that and I assumed about the spoiler...but really have only seen the lip ones opposed to 3rd light ones.
With the euro lights...I personally love them. Redoing the lights, wiring, and getting the vacuum adjust with new motors, valences and wipers...(if i read the threads correctly.)..its a dream for sure! One I can't afford right now :crybaby2: but hopefully one day!

Once again, thank you guys (gals) so much. It's so very nice to see that these cars (W126) are still cherished..from garage queens to 250k mile autobahn rulers who still can move people out of the left lane by mere presence :D
These cars are amazing. I love them.

Picture time! (I was also inspired by ianrandom thread (thanks, and great work!) and started a bit of cleaning..some in progress pics)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts