Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bloody hell - five moderators for this little forum!.
What determined this place needs such intense site para- police post inspection protection
Unfortunately, a large part of time is spent getting members to fill out their profile, use the search function, or direct them to the DIY threads, and the 'welcome to the forum' sticky.
And that applies not only to newbies.
I would like to invite all members to help out here.

Sometimes mods can be busy with other endeavors. With moderators in Europe, Australia, and the U.S., we have pretty good coverage across the time zones.
The W126 probably has the most traffic with sometimes 100+ visitors; while at the same time, the two mods of another forum may see 10.

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
Unfortunately, a large part of time is spent getting members to fill out their profile, use the search function, or direct them to the DIY threads, and the 'welcome to the forum' sticky.
And that applies not only to newbies.
I would like to invite all members to help out here.

Sometimes mods can be busy with other endeavors. With moderators in Europe, Australia, and the U.S., we have pretty good coverage across the time zones.
The W126 probably has the most traffic with sometimes 100+ visitors; while at the same time, the two mods of another forum may see 10.
Department of redundancy departments, sector R.

Twice, again? Maybe?

a3jeroen, happy-happy, joy-joy

·
Registered
85 Posts
welcome

yup, it's miki :)

the com.au is no longer

also thought it more appropriate to have a 'car' nic

and i'll take the opportunity to plug my pix album site (if i may)

jbily (jbily = just because i love you)

they are mainly of carlton (suburb), melbourne and victoria

enjoy :)

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup, it's miki :)

the com.au is no longer

also thought it more appropriate to have a 'car' nic

and i'll take the opportunity to plug my pix album site (if i may)

jbily (jbily = just because i love you)

they are mainly of carlton (suburb), melbourne and victoria

enjoy :)
Nice pics. Hi to Robbo, and enjoy the F-1 GP.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Welcome a3jereon! Can I make a suggestion? I myself have used the search function, as have others per their posts, yet I still often see the standard "canned response" from moderators to search as there are tons of posts re their question. Well, a good example of search not being very helpful is if I a looking for "lights always on". It won't let me put in the word on, too short! Searching for lights gives way too much, I could sit for weeks trying to find something. I am sure everyone has their tolerance for searching, some for 5 minutes, others for a few hours before giving up and posting a question that might provide a faster response. I agree that one should fill out your profile, do some searching, etc etc before posting, however, searching doesn't always yield what you are looking for. And then seeing a response that says "search" can make it quite frustrating!
Not sure why the limitation to search for words with 3 letters or more but maybe that feature could be looked at and possibly beefed up? Or maybe its just me finding it difficult sometimes. Or doing the same search at different times yielding different results!

Anyhow, cheers and welcome to "moderatorship"..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome a3jereon! Can I make a suggestion? I myself have used the search function, as have others per their posts, yet I still often see the standard "canned response" from moderators to search as there are tons of posts re their question. Well, a good example of search not being very helpful is if I a looking for "lights always on". It won't let me put in the word on, too short! Searching for lights gives way too much, I could sit for weeks trying to find something. I am sure everyone has their tolerance for searching, some for 5 minutes, others for a few hours before giving up and posting a question that might provide a faster response. I agree that one should fill out your profile, do some searching, etc etc before posting, however, searching doesn't always yield what you are looking for. And then seeing a response that says "search" can make it quite frustrating!
Not sure why the limitation to search for words with 3 letters or more but maybe that feature could be looked at and possibly beefed up? Or maybe its just me finding it difficult sometimes. Or doing the same search at different times yielding different results!

I must agree with that.

Welcome. :)

·
Registered
18,534 Posts
Good deal, a3jeroen, welcome.

I’m assuming he’s our new European mod since I don’t see spanners (UK) listed with the 126 mods anymore.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I've had the same experience searching and resorted to posting a question instead.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts