Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an odd problem with my 722.370 transmission.

Before I took it to the local MB shop (West Chester MB), it had the usual lazy shift points and the kick-down switch did not seem to work consistently, sometimes engaging it would cause a downshift, sometime not. :confused:

Got the car back and they had adjusted it so that the shift points were much more aggressive. The car now holds the gears longer and most of the time I don't even have to engage the kick-down switch for it to do a downshift. :)

But.....

My BergWerks 1st Gear Start module no longer works. It may have been disconnected :(

...and..

Getting 1st gear manually does not work the way it used to.

Before, with the FGS off, I would put the gear selector to "B" at full stop and immediately put the lever back in "D". The car would then start off in 1st and move up through the gears.

Now, I have to leave the gear lever in "B" to get 1st gear. If I move the gear selector to "B" and move it back to "D", the car will start in 2nd.

It is kind of odd. With the more aggressive shif pattern during normal driving, I would have expected the opposite effect, i.e. the car would hold 1st gear longer than before, but instead I have to lock the gear selector in "B" to get 1st.

Anyone have an idea what is going on? :confused:

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
sounds like hes messed with the wiring of your FGS. It seems that hes just adjusted the bowden cable and pressure modulator.

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Teutone said:
Are you sure the FGS is still connected?
Not sure, I haven't checked it out yet.

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lander91 said:
sounds like hes messed with the wiring of your FGS. It seems that hes just adjusted the bowden cable and pressure modulator.
That is what I thought.

The 1st gear behaviour still baffles me.

If the shift points for 2nd and 3rd is now more aggressive (shifts at higher RPM and is more sensitive to throttle position), why is the 1st gear the opposite?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts