Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995 c280
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's the problem.
yesterday night was a cold night here in Pittsburgh, I went to my car to get something. I didn't unlock the doors earlier, when I went to the car it was locked!!! (weird I know) when I unlocked it I heard a weird sound from the back side of the rear seat (from the trunk maybe?!) for about 10-15 seconds and it went away.
Am I about to pay a lot of $$$$$ AGAIN?
or its something usual?

Please give me good newss pleassssssse.

thanks

BTW:MPG is poor is it related? jw

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
Not sure if there is a vacuum distribution block in that location or not, but it sounds like you may have cracked a connector for one of the lines or it may have simply just come off. Perhaps you could start b tracking the lines in that area, the one that controls the trunk lock specifically, and see if it is attached at both ends. A search for the vacuum line diagram may be useful here. Good luck.

·
Registered
95 c220
33 Posts
That sound is the electric vacuum pump trying to compensate for a leak. Mine goes on and off in my c220 at idle due to a leak in one of the front vent bellows. I find that if I keep the EC button on the pump does not run. Good luck.:eek:

·
Registered
304 Posts
If the above ideas dont pan out it could have something to do with the locking of the hatch infront of where you put your gas in.

·
Registered
1998 c230 170K
1,415 Posts
My juke box money is on the fuel door flap element, the pump will cycle then shut off.
It's a PITA to replace, Hope you have long arms, about 50 bucks for the element. I did mine a couple years back.
Good time to check the connections as mentioned already concerning the distribution block. B

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor
120 Posts
Dump the bodies in the river! You got dead weight in your trunk with all the corpses so it'll effect your MPG. Come on, no one made this joke yet?!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts