Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 C320
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently started smelling a weird smell coming from my A/C when I turn it on. At first I thought it was my air filter but when I checked it, it was clean and smelled fine. Lately it has been pretty hot outside and I was wondering if the hot weather could affect the smell of my A/C?

·
Registered
2012 C300 4Matic
178 Posts
I recently started smelling a weird smell coming from my A/C when I turn it on. At first I thought it was my air filter but when I checked it, it was clean and smelled fine. Lately it has been pretty hot outside and I was wondering if the hot weather could affect the smell of my A/C?
Why do you have to post a thread when there are TONS of threads about this if you do a search?!

To answer your question, you have mold in the system. If it's still under warranty take it to the dealer - they will waste your time by spraying a disinfectant and then it will begin to stink again. The second time around they will replace the part that is causing the problem with a properly designed part.

EDIT: I just realized you have an 01. Buy some A/C disinfectant spray and see if it helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts