Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'01 SLK230,'93 190E 2.3, 1971 LS5 Corvette Convertible
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago I started having problems with my radio. No power so I checked the fuse #8. When I plugged the fuse back in, my radio worked. Then a few days later it happened again. I replaced the fuse with a new one and a few days later it happened again. Every time I remove and replace the fuse, the radio works for a while then goes out.

This week I replaced the battery and before I did, the radio wasn't working. After installing the battery and starting the engine to check things out, power was back to the radio. Then after a few days, no radio. Remove fuse #8 and replace, radio back on.

Anyone else experience this?:confused:

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
Please elaborate
>>When I plugged the fuse back in
>>Remove fuse #8 and replace
Was the fuse ever burned? Or was the same fuse plugged back in for the radio to work?

·
Registered
'01 SLK230,'93 190E 2.3, 1971 LS5 Corvette Convertible
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please elaborate
>>When I plugged the fuse back in
>>Remove fuse #8 and replace
Was the fuse ever burned? Or was the same fuse plugged back in for the radio to work?
No, the fuse was never burned. Just removing fuse and plugging it back in would result in power to radio. This will happen with old fuse, or a new one.

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
No, the fuse was never burned. Just removing fuse and plugging it back in would result in power to radio. This will happen with old fuse, or a new one.
It sounds like contact problem. Perhaps the car's vibration shook loose a contact point around the fuse or right at the fuse contact point. How old are the motor mounts on your car?
Pull/insert fuse#8 and pull/insert any adjacent fuse. You may feel some difference in tightness. I would get a piece of duct tape to secure down fuse#8 by using the adjacent fuses as anchors. Drive the car normally waiting for the problem to come back.

·
Registered
2003 SLK230
653 Posts
I agree with mbvis. Sounds like either a dirty fuse contact or loose connection (to the contact).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts