Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s rear-passenger side.

All of sudden, a window starts going down little by little itself while I was driving. When the window rolled down all the way, I still can here motor is buzzing every other seconds.

If I lock rear windows with that child-safety button next to the shift gate, it is ok.

What seems to be the problem? :confused:

Any inputs will be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
My bet is on the switch, relay, or motor

It’s rear-passenger side.

All of sudden, a window starts going down little by little itself while I was driving. When the window rolled down all the way, I still can here motor is buzzing every other seconds.

If I lock rear windows with that child-safety button next to the shift gate, it is ok.

What seems to be the problem? :confused:

Any inputs will be appreciated!
Well hopefully not the motor since that entails door panel issues, try taking a look at the switch first, there is a relay that may be overheating and causing all the flurry of strangeness. If the seal to the window on that particular side is deteriorated then it may be the motor itself beaten by moisture raining down on a electrical motor. B

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Work on the weatherstripping for now

Umm, sounds like you're exactly right.

It has been raining last few days (Atlanta), and chunk of water dropped from somewhere in the door when I opend it to check the switch.

Arrr, so do I need to take out whole door panel?

Oh, one more quesiton! If I don't fix it, is it gonna cause other electronic problem?

Well, I don't carry passengers that often so I will fix it eventually but no hurry.

Thanks bunch. :thumbsup:
There is overload protection having a relay and fuse, its unlikely it would cause any short term ill effects but it needs to be addressed sooner than later. As far as motor replacement I have a couple of diagrams off the wacky russian website, got kicked off tonight, must have snorkled too many photos from the secret spy website they have:givemebeer:
Anyway, yes it appears the door panel is an issue, not only the "Garnish moulding" (Pic 2 figure 44) on the outside should be replaced but also the rubber seal around the door which may be cracked from age. Personally I would not want to do it myself just because off time involved, but it is do-able if you are willing to do all the shopping and have a full weekend. The motor can be found on-line for about 70 bucks, not sure what the "Garnish moulding" (sounds more like a salid dressing):p
would run but its a stealership item as well as the rubber weatherstrip going around the door. B

Attachments

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Thats a good starting point

Ohhh, you really didn’t have to take a risk to get kicked out from that site! :bowdown::bowdown:

Thanks bunch! :thumbsup:

Well, I’m all thumbs when it comes down to labor and it seems the work is pretty complicated based on your explanation. I may hit independent shops in a couple of weeks.

Btw, you may already know this website, but, fyi, this website have tons of diagram throughout most Mercedes-Benz models.

Mercedes Parts and Accessories – Mercedes Wheels, Car Covers, Floor Mats, Steering Wheels and More from Performance Products

Visual Shopping for Mercedes Parts and Mercedes Accessories by Performance Products for Mercedes-Benz

Visual Shopping for Mercedes Parts and Mercedes Accessories by Performance Products for Mercedes-Benz
Yea, the benz is easy to aquire but a be-otch to keep and maintain sometimes. Just had new bilsteins and lower control arms installed by a local mech, now its time for a alignment, looks like a pump car now. (torsion bar all outa wack) seems like the auto places are far and few between that can do a proper alignment.
I had a indi do some repairs on the driver's side armrest and alone it was about $200.00 dollars to do some refinishing work a few years back, you are doing yourself a favor by finding and indi to do the door panel work, there are clips that fasten between the panels that really might drive you bonkers. If you were to damage the door panel they are really $$$. Take your time as you are and do some comparison shopping. B

1 - 4 of 4 Posts