Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Mercedes ML 320 [W163]
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. Haven't been here for a while, because everything was just fine with my ML. However When I took off under the engine shields to change the engine oil, I've found a leak. When the shields were on t thought it was leaking oil from power steering because the steering rack boot was wet. Then I realized this is engine oil coming from somewhere near the starter motor.
I've opened inspection window on the bell housing to check i this was the main bearing seal but it is completely dry inside. Also it doesn't come from the top of the engine as everything is dry there.

Anyone came across something like this on M112 engine?

Thanks in advance.

Automotive tire Tread Hood Helmet Grey Automotive tire Black Gesture Grey Wood Automotive tire Gas Fixture Rim Composite material Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive tire Grille Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
2,183 Posts
If indeed it is oil and not say transmission fluid, I am going with breather chamber and or hoses.
Different car basically same engine

·
Registered
2003 Mercedes ML 320 [W163]
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply. I've already seen that vid. It seem that breather hoses are ok in my case. Because the top of the bell housing is dry. However I will double check it tomorrow - maybe I've missed something?

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
10,093 Posts
Thanks for reply. I've already seen that vid. It seem that breather hoses are ok in my case. Because the top of the bell housing is dry. However I will double check it tomorrow - maybe I've missed something?
Take engine cover off. Look down just behind air pump. There is round plug with hex. Make sure it is not leaking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts