Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
03 CLK 55
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a brochure on eBay for my car (03 CLK55) and there were several features spelled out in the ad hyperbole that aren't on my car..

- 200 MPH speedo (mine goes to 160)
- Blue backlit gauges (mine are white)
- Blue tinted glass (mine seems to be black)

I'm pretty sure I don't have an imposter AMG; this isn't my first, and it goes like stink just as it should. I had a door panel off last week, and the manufacturer stickers inside had an AMG stamp, engine has the proper shroud & signature, drilled rotors in the front, etc etc., but I'm a bit confused. Do I have some sort of transition or mid-year model?

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
Whats your VIN, that will tell us if you have a legit AMG.

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
Yep, EPC shows it is a 2003 CLK 55 AMG.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mercedes Dealership!!!

If you bought your car from a mercedes dealership then why not ask them the next time you visit for a check up on your car or something... the best thing is you know that you have an AMG, you don't need the extra bits... they don't affect the power! :)

·
Registered
03 CLK 55
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually bought it from a local "luxury cars" place that had about 40 BMWs and one lone M-B over in the corner of the lot, sad and alone. Funny story, the sales guy basically said "You want to drive THAT? You look like a 5-series guy.." And after we puttered around for a few minutes he reluctantly admitted that it was not the car he thought.

Anyway, the local Mercedes places here in San Diego is where I go only if something goes wrong I can't fix.. overpriced and arrogant, I avoid them whenever possible.

Thanks for the replies; I guess I just have an odd one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
regarding the tints, the previous owner must've installed darker aftermarket tints over the original blue window tint (which by the way is very light to begin with).

·
Registered
03 CLK 55
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It actually doesn't have very dark tint at all and no detectable line or seam that aftermarket tint would have, which makes me think it has the standard factory CLK tint. Not the end of the world, just a bit surprising. The only thing I can think is that my car was some sort of transition model, or early in the changeover to the 209 AMG version since there are so many differences from the "official" 03' AMG list.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
I would call MBUSA and give them your VIN. I found them very helpful when I had questions about my cars (this one and the last one). For example, the guy sent me a printout of all my options because a copy of the original window sticker was not available. You might get lucky and they will send you both.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts