Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Black 2010 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport Sedan
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone!

i'm new to benz world, and i created an account so i could connect with other benz owners. im 16 and my parents just purchased a fully loaded 2010 c300 for me :D

1. ive had it for 2 months and noticed that....sometimes when i accelerate and let go of the gas pedal, the car accelerates and when its coasting it feels like im being rear ended and i get jolted forward? its strange but i was wondering if anyone has answers for this

2. the front passenger window acts up sometimes, when i roll it up after having it down sometimes, it decides to come back down about 1 inch. and ill just go back and forth with rolling it up and it rolling down until it finally stays.

3. i put a bottle of water in my cup holder, and once as i was leaving the car, i took the bottle with me and one of the little cup holder expanders flew out as i took my bottle out...i have no clue where it is i searched my whole car...do i go to the dealer to get it replaced or what?

please let me know if you guys have answers for any or all of the questions above.

thanks! :)

----

also! im looking to tint my windows...what looks best on a c300?

im thinking of using XLNT TINT in Anaheim, CA...google it for more info!

·
Registered
2007 W204 C280/C300
107 Posts
I had the same "acceleration problem" on my car. I took my car to the dealer for a software update, the problem hasn't reoccurred yet.

Sounds like your windows need a reset. Try doing a search on the forum but there's a method to reset it. Or you can take it to the dealer and them do it on the computer. Though there's just a simple way of holding the buttons for it to reset.

·
Registered
2008 C300
30 Posts
2. Pull all window tabs up (or maybe push down) for about 10 seconds. That should reset the windows.

3. Dealer - under warranty

·
Registered
2000 Designo SLK-05 C230WK-05 E320CDi-2010 GLK 350
714 Posts
For the acceleration problem you might need to reset the ECU.
You need to follow these steps:
1- Turn the ignition ON without starting the engine. The on position lights up the warning lights.
2- Push the gas pedal all the way to the floor as far as it will go and hold it there for at least 10 seconds.
3- Turn the ignition switch off while still holding the gas pedal down.
4- Release the gas pedal and leave everything off for at least two minutes to allow the ECU to reset.

This should clear your problem as long as you are using the right grade of gas.
If you are using stuff below the recommended octane rating the problems will reoccur.

·
Registered
Black 2010 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport Sedan
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you all for your answers!

the ECU reset worked wonderfully! i feel like i'm driving a new car, the acceleration is so much smoother and powerful (or atleast it feels like).

(also, in case anyone IS wondering...I have never put anything less than 91 premium gas in my 300!) :D

·
Registered
MB C-300 Sport 2009 Manual Black XPIPE+Exhaust=Brilliance
341 Posts
1- Turn the ignition ON without starting the engine. The on position lights up the warning lights.
2- Push the gas pedal all the way to the floor as far as it will go and hold it there for at least 10 seconds.
4- Release the gas pedal and leave everything off for at least two minutes to allow the ECU to reset.

If you are using stuff below the recommended octane rating the problems will reoccur.

I never knew you can do that! wow thank you..seriously :bowdown:

·
Registered
13 Posts
having the same problem w/ my C300??

I think I'm having a similar problem to Lucky Kid. I have a 2008 C300 Sport. I've had no major problems with my car except tonight all of a sudden my car wasn't accelerating. It didn't seem like the gears were shifting. I couldn't go any faster than 20mph. It was like driving a stick and staying in 1st gear.

When I am parked and throw it into drive, I get that same feeling as Lucky Kid of being rear ended and being jolted forward.

Should I reset my ECU also?? Or is this a different problem??

·
Registered
92 Posts

I thought this is the TCU reset. Not ECU...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts