Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a strange noise coming from under the dash...whenever I apply the brake, I feel a "click" when the brakelights activate, but if I also have the blinker on to make a turn, the "key-in-ignition" buzzer comes on every time the blinker flashes. "buzzzz---buzz---buzzz". Sometimes while setting the cruise control this happens too. If I either turn off the blinker, or release the brake pedal it stops. It is intermittant and only occurs half the time and started a couple of days ago...anyone know what this might be? I thought perhaps voltage, but if I turn on all the lights, etc it is not any easier to replicate. I've tried giggling the key too but nothing.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
The stop lamp, CC, turn indicators are all on the same circuit, fuse 12 – I’d check for a short. Try the stop lamp switch on the very top of the brake peddle close to the dash.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's a short, do you think it would be most likely in that switch. I looked at it a little more and if I just use the turnsignals, or the Cruise, it doesn't usually happen, but if I depress the brake, I hear a "click" from somewhere under the dash, and the buzzing just accelerates if I add the turnsignal. Sometimes when it is buzzing with the turn signal on, if I tap the brake a couple of times it just stops.....where can the brake light switch be found for purchase??? Anyone know? THanks.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
The online parts suppliers should have the switch. The only way to check is to remove each item from the circuit. You could remove the brake switch and see if it happens. Yes, it could also be a wiring issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it figured out. Whenever I push the brake or turn signal, the buzzer itself vibrates, if I unplug the buzzer relay the problem goes away so I will just replace that relay (or not have buzzer anymore which is fine with me too)

Thanks!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts