Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

my w124 300ce recently started having a weird central locking issue.
On day the central locks stopped working, so i checked the fuses. It was ok.

I then removed the negative cable from the battery and waited 10 minutes. After 10 min i tightened back the negative battery cable. The i tried the central locking from the passenger window. Guess what ? The central locking was working once again. After locking and unclocking for about 4 or 5 times, the central lock again went dead. So i repeated the previous steps (removed batter cable and waited 10 mins, reinstall battery cable) and the central locking aagain works normally. After 4 or times testing the central locks, again the problem re-appear. What is wrong with car ?? When working the vacumn pumps sound normal.

Repeating the above steps will result in the central locks working for a short time, before it again stops working.

Is there maybe a ground problem somewhere ??

thx

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
Don't know what the probem is but a member from South Africa has posted about his car having the same problem. Disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it will temporarily fix inop central locking. Weird.

You don't say what year your car is but on my 88s all the locking system electronics are inside the vacuum pump. I don't see how the problem could be anythin *but* the vacuum pump. There's a lot of crap in there:

http://bos-engel.com/benz/vacpump.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts