Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Weird Alarm Problem?!! Help

913 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Potomac Pat
Yesterday afternoon I locked my car before going into work with the master key in the drivers side door with no problems... when I got back I unlocked it and got into it, stepped on the brake and turned on the ignition and I started hearing a clicking noise.. I turned on my headlights before I noticed that the clicking noise was causing them to flash. I can't turn off the alarm now!!?? The horn doesn't sound or the extra horn specified in the owners manual. How do I turn this damn thing off!!!???
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Always Remembered RIP
496 Posts
Don't know much about Mercedes alarms, apart from they don't seem to last long in my cas...

Don't know much about Mercedes alarms, apart from they don't seem to last long in my case.
You could try leaving the battery disconnected overnight to drain any back-up memory,it may reset it self to normal. Other than that a decent auto electrician should be able to either repair it, or if worse comes to the worse disconnect the system.

· Registered
190 2.3-16
59 Posts
Yeah, I had an issue w/ on eof the door lock triggering mechanisms failing & gave up. I ...

Yeah, I had an issue w/ on eof the door lock triggering mechanisms failing & gave up. I just pulled the alarm relay out. If someone wants my car bad enough & you can out run a bullet, have at it [;)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.