Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1982 300CD
5,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as an FYI, the low-priced side trim from Autohausaz is cheap aftermarket crap from Taiwan that looks all blurby on the tips and doesn't hug the car like the original trim does.

But if you remove the original trim from the car, you can reblacken it with Forever Black. (Great product for the bumper strips too.)

·
Registered
1980 280CE; 1982 300CD
1,390 Posts
Ha!

I have been waiting to hear about this.

Thanks for the report Gregs.

I guess its to MB for the OEM $475 part... Ouch.

FB

·
Registered
1982 300CD
5,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$14.99 each. I was ordering other things, so I thought I'd throw them in and get the free shipping.

Performance sells them for $25.70 driver's side, and $30.80 passenger.
Does anybody know if they are Mercedes, or aftermarket junk?
ADSITCO also sells them for $44 each!

·
Registered
1980 280CE; 1982 300CD
1,390 Posts
Oh,

I thought we were talking about the piece with felt that goes over the top of the door and rear quarter windows, from the mirror all the way back to the bottom of the rear window...

FB

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
I'm lost what trim are we talking about
:confused:

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2024 SL770
46,474 Posts
FratBoy said:
Oh,

I thought we were talking about the piece with felt that goes over the top of the door and rear quarter windows, from the mirror all the way back to the bottom of the rear window...

FB
He's talking about body side moldings, not weatherstrips.

·
Registered
300SD
11,191 Posts
Gregs300CD said:
$14.99 each. I was ordering other things, so I thought I'd throw them in and get the free shipping.

Performance sells them for $25.70 driver's side, and $30.80 passenger.
Does anybody know if they are Mercedes, or aftermarket junk?
ADSITCO also sells them for $44 each!
Well,
I bought a short piece of rocker panel moulding that was missing on my 300D from performance. I looked just like original (stainless insert, identical looking rubber), except that it came without mounting inserts, so I had to get a package of those from deselgiant.

The Mercedes dealer list price for a 2 inch long piece of rocker panel moulding was $ 57! I got it from performance for $ 10 and a package of clips cost me another $ 8.

Would you believe that you cannot buy the rocker panel moulding inserts separately from Mercedes? They only come with the new mouldings, which are priced out of this world! I needed only two inserts but I had to buy a package ot ten from dieselgiant.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
I'm bringing this thread back to life. I'm found a place that sells a repop trim made by "EZ Zeigler". The shop is Rocky Mountain European. The prices are exceptionally low...

a full kit minus the hatch door piece is ~ $112.

keep in mind that these moldings will probably come delivered totally flat and have to be worked over a beanbag until they have the right arc for the front fenders.

·
Registered
1984 300CD
2,686 Posts
I'm bringing this thread back to life. I'm found a place that sells a repop trim made by "EZ Zeigler". The shop is Rocky Mountain European. The prices are exceptionally low...

a full kit minus the hatch door piece is ~ $112.

keep in mind that these moldings will probably come delivered totally flat and have to be worked over a beanbag until they have the right arc for the front fenders.

Have you ordered them?

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
let us know.

I need to figure out how the side door trim is removed and how the rear most side trim is removed. I want to paint the black part.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
well, i put some time into my trims, and I think I'm gonna use them for now... but the RF trim is bent [along with other trims] thanks to the prior painter. so, maybe for kicks i should order just that one and see how it compares to my cleaned up oem trims.

mercy, why do you want to paint the black? the materials on these trims are so good, give em a good semi-aggressive wipedown with acetone [you need to prep for paint anyhow, right?] and see what you get :)

·
Registered
1982 300CD
5,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Because they turn a little white after 30 years of sun and wax. Forever black can help.
Remember that peanut oil attracts squirrels.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts