Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99' SLK230AMG (blue)
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 99 Slk, and sometimes i swear i hafta be within 20 feet for the damn sensors to pick up on my remote. Now ive heard about holding it up to your head and whatnot, but im desiring a much larger range. Primarily, im looking into getting one of those bipes roof commanders, but i dont want it if by the time i can click the remote im opening the door neway. So my question to you modders out there...

any one think about or already mod the infared sensors sumhow to increase the range? Maybe move, add to them, change sender in remote...anything? any ideas? this is drivin me crazy guys, please help

·
Registered
99' SLK230AMG (blue)
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah its not the batteries, the system is just generally weak...ive been looking into bigger infrared recievers but i think i might be in over my head...any opinions guys? This has to annoy some other SLK Drivers out there

·
Registered
2000 Designo SLK-05 C230WK-05 E320CDi-2010 GLK 350
714 Posts
The red LED is for checking the batteries. The remote is a radio frequency transmitter. Thats why some people get better range by holding it up by an object that acts as an RF reflector.

If both of your remotes exhibit poor range check the antenna on the receiver in the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts