Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Kleemann ML43K
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the LED front turn signal bulbs and the left drivers side is brighter than the right passenger bulb and also signals and blinks correctly & at appropiate times [i.e when left turn signal is engaged and flashers are on]. The right passenger LED is dimmer then the left one and does not blink at all no matter what I do. Is it the bulb or an electrical issue?

·
Registered
497 Posts
You may need an additional resistor to make up the current, or there may be an earthing problem.

The most likely problem is the additional load resistor as LED's take less current than conventional bulbs and the flasher mechanism relies on that.

Although that does not explain why the left side works OK.

Maybe you should put the conventional bulb back and check functionality.

·
Registered
98ML320
1,278 Posts
I remember reading something awhile back about polarity or the way the LED bulb is plugged in having an effect on it. Don't know if it applies but since you seem to need to go back to the bulb why don't you try flipping it over and putting the bulb in the other way (just to check).

Good luck with it.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
John, did you already install the load equalisers on both sides?

Be sure to put in the LED bulbs the correct way in. Sounds like you are activating the parking light (dimmer) function of the bulb rather than the full intensity turn signal flashing portion. Therefore simply rotate the bulb the other way arounf and you should be fine.

·
Registered
1999 Kleemann ML43K
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's weird that it has a dimmer light yellow color compared to the darker more orange one that is

working properly. I hope it's as easy as moving the bulb around a bit! Thanks for the reply and I'll let you guys know if that works!

·
Registered
497 Posts
RE: It's weird that it has a dimmer light yellow color compared to the darker more orange one that

That sounds like it is a different type to the other one, so maybe you need to return them.

·
Registered
1999 Kleemann ML43K
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RE: It's weird that it has a dimmer light yellow color compared to the darker more orange one that

I ordered a new one I'm going to try and then return the "bad" one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts