Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1996 S600 1991 560SEL 1995 S500 2009 S550
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO BENZ LOVERS,

OUR CHOICE OF GETTING A HIGH END SEDAN WAS A RIGHT CHOICE, BUT ONLY TO FIND OUT AS THE YEARS GO BY MOST OF THE SENSITIVE NON WEAR AND TEAR PARTS IN OUR SEDAN (S600 AND S500) EQUIPT SPECIALLY WITH ASR WOULD FIND OURSELVES IN A TROUBLE SOME PREPOSITION, HOW CAN AN INTERNALLY CAPPED THROTTLE ACTUATOR WIRE HARNESS EVER GET TO BE SO BRITTLE AND BADLY PORDUCED AND INSTALLED IN SUCH A BEAUTIFUL AND POWERFULL SEDAN. AND INSPITE OF THE KNOWLEDGE BY DAIMLER CHRYSLER, THEY WOULD DO NOTHING TO IMPROVE NOR MAKE ANY RECALL OF THIS HIGHLY DEFECTIVE AND LOW QUALITY HARNESS.

ON MY PART IN ASIA, I HAVE STARTED TO MAKE A MOVE BY TRYING TO CONTACT THE PERSON INCHARGE OF TECHNICAL OPERATION AND MY PLAN IS TO FIRST INFORM THEM ON THE SEVERAL POINTS OF WEAKNESS AND DEFECTIVE PARTS INSTALLED ON THESE TYPE OF VEHICLE AND SEE WHAT THEY MIGHT WANT TO DO WITH THE PROBLEM, HOPING THAT THIS WOULD GIVE SOME ATTENTIONS TO THE PEOPLE AT DAIMLER CHRYSLER WHO MAY HAVE SOME SENSE OF DECENSY TO GIVE AN EXTRA ATTENTION IN RESOLVING THESE PROBLEMS SURROUNDING THE GREAT STAR. I OWN SEVERAL CAR DEALERSHIPS AND HAVE NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED WITH OTHER BRANDS, BUT WITH MERCEDES BENZ WHICH IS SUPPOSE TO BE A PREMIUM BRAND AND HIGHLY PRICED VEHICLE, WE ALL DESERVE TO BE GIVEN A FAIR ATTENTION WITH THE COMMON DEFECTS INHERENT TO THESE VEHICLES. AFTER ALL ARE WE NOT LOYAL OWNERS OF MERCEDES BENZ, IRREGARDLESS OF WHAT MODEL AND SERIES? I OWN 4 S600L AND A VIRIETY OF OTHER SERIES FROM 126, 140 UP TO THE 220 BODY SERIES. AND i AND MAYBE A LOT OF YOU FOLKS OUT THERE MAYBE AWARE THAT NO SINGLE ATTENTION HAS BEEN GIVEN BY DAIMLER CHRYSLER TO EVER CORRECT THEIR FUALTS, I HOPE THEY WOULD RATHER ASSIST US THAN SEE THE PROBLEM BROUGHT TO THE COURT OF LAW WHERE THE PUBLIC CONSUMER ARE WELL PROTECTED IN THE US. uNLIKE ANY OTHER BRAND OF CARS, BENZ SEEMS TO BE TURNING THEIR RESPOSIBILITY TO A DEAF AND BLIND ATTITUDE, WELL I HOPE NOT FOR ALL INDIVIDUAL CONCERN. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, BENZ VEHICLE WILL ALWAYS BE ON THE PREMUIM LEVEL BECAUSE OF ITS ABILITY TO DO RESEARCH AND ADVANCEMENTS ON ITS TECHNOLOGICAL ASPECTS.

I HOPE SOME ONE IN THIS FORUM WILL TAKE THAT INITIATIVE TO START A COMPLAINT CAMPAIGN AGAINST FACTORY DEFECTIVE PARTS AND ASK DAIMLER CHRYSLER TO GIVE A SERIOUS ATTENTION TO ALL THIS PROBLEMS.

·
Premium Member
1997 S600 (sold)
4,660 Posts
There is one incontrovertible method to get Mercedes to stop providing

as you call "factory defective" parts. Stop buying Mercedes cars. When that happens, they will have to do something to continue to be able to stay in business.

By the way, they have improved the wiring in the W140. After model year 1995, the cars got new materials for the wiring insulation.

Brett

·
Registered
1995 S420
548 Posts
Does that mean 95 model has the new harness or 96 has the new one?

·
Premium Member
1997 S600 (sold)
4,660 Posts
As I understand from what knowledgeable people here have said,

the cars for model year 1996 have different wiring harnesses that don't suffer the severe insulation deterioration problem of the cars up to 1995.

Brett

1 - 4 of 4 Posts