Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For this next phase of mods on my car, we decided to have a new badge made for the back trunk deck, so I had our design group where I work design a new logo. Then I commissioned a jeweler to create it from the Illustrator file. He submitted the 3-D rendering for approval. I like it! Next it gets cut into wax off the file, then cast in brass then finished. The red square will be powder-coated and the 107 will be in chrome. He said to me "seriously you're going through all this trouble to make just one"? We're also sewing it into the new seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
671 Posts
It will be unique, but the red R and the overall shape of the logo reminds me a lot of the BMW M-series badges. That said, I believe that a person should follow their personal preferences.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
29,094 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
"R107" would take on secondary meaning for member alambkal and guys like me who spend a lot of time on the New Hampshire Seacoast and travel state highway Route 107 to-&-from the Lakes Region in the north to ol' Route 1 in Seabrook in the south. Might want your hardtop on when you whiz past the Seabrook Nuclear Power Plant. (R107 has lead insulation, right? Feels like it!) The group planning to meet in Rockport, MA, in 2012 could drive the 15-20 miles to Route 107 in NH and take keepsake photos of its cars parked under one of the 107 highway signs.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts