Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2002 E320W4
242 Posts
meguiars. mercedes relabels meguiars as mercedes wax for those anal people who have to g...

meguiars. mercedes relabels meguiars as mercedes wax for those anal people who have to get everything from the dealer. although, no difference in price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used the Meguire 3 step program this summer on my Obsidien Black car. The results were good, but it took a lot of elbow grease and time. I found that the water beading only lasted about 2 months, and this is what I really like to see a wax do. I went back to a product that has been around for a long time and I have always gotten good results with, Liquid Glass. This is a synthetic product, and it works exceptionally well. Unlike most waxes that have to be applied in the shade in cool conditions, liquid glass likes it hot. You can apply this stuff to your car in 80 degree weather and its fine. The bottle says let it bake on the car for an hour and wipe it off. For a really lustourous shine you can apply 2 or 3 coats over a 3 week period. Note: when putting this product on do not use too much, more is not better in this case. A fine coat is all you need, and wiping it off is very easy, much easier than traditional waxes. My experience is that you will still have water beading 6 to 8 months later

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz CLK430
91 Posts
I like to use Zymol, just dont let this stuff dry or you will have to grind it off. Turtle wax is good for a nice quick wax, it takes me less than an hour to wash/wax the car with turtle wax. Zymol takes a little while, but looks great when done. This subject is just a matter of opinion. Happy Holidays!

-Brian

·
Registered
320CE
77 Posts
In addition to Meguiar's and Zymol, I've also used P21S -- paint prep (polish) followed by their carnauba wax.

P21S is easy to apply / remove and looks great IMO.

·
Where's my auto-leveling?
'09 ML350, '03 E320, '99 E320 4Matic, '98 C280
3,390 Posts
Villaluz,

I asked the same question resently on the W163 forum. The overwelming recomendation was Klasse. I was given this website: http://www.autogeek.net/klassekit.html

I was told to use the All-in-one and then the Glaze coat and the a carnuba wax over the top for a glass-like finish.

Andy

·
Where's my auto-leveling?
'09 ML350, '03 E320, '99 E320 4Matic, '98 C280
3,390 Posts
kwg356 - 1/1/2004 2:45 PM

Here's a good wax analysis

http://www.deckowski.com/wax%20off/greatwaxoffintro.htm
That is a pretty good website.

Thanks,

Andy

·
Registered
2 Posts
worlds best wax

Liquid glass is one of the worlds best waxes. brian was right also about the Z one. both work well. READ DIRECTIONS for liquid glass or it will not work right.
not many other waxes have a gurantee like liquid glass. i am a car detailer for toyota and i own a 04 c230 benz.

·
Registered
327 Posts
lawson911 - 12/25/2003 8:23 AM

I used the Meguire 3 step program this summer on my Obsidien Black car. The results were good, but it took a lot of elbow grease and time. I found that the water beading only lasted about 2 months, and this is what I really like to see a wax do. I went back to a product that has been around for a long time and I have always gotten good results with, Liquid Glass. This is a synthetic product, and it works exceptionally well. Unlike most waxes that have to be applied in the shade in cool conditions, liquid glass likes it hot. You can apply this stuff to your car in 80 degree weather and its fine. The bottle says let it bake on the car for an hour and wipe it off. For a really lustourous shine you can apply 2 or 3 coats over a 3 week period. Note: when putting this product on do not use too much, more is not better in this case. A fine coat is all you need, and wiping it off is very easy, much easier than traditional waxes. My experience is that you will still have water beading 6 to 8 months later
What was the final wax that you used in this process? I have found that Meguires # 16 is the most durable of the Meg's line.

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
any suggestions for silver cars? Black cars look so nice when they are waxed but when i wax my silver clk it looks no different than if i just washed it! i have used meguiars 3 step with gold class wax, rain x wax, armor all diamond shine...

·
Registered
SL350
53 Posts
Hi,
I am a mewbie to this site, and a proud owner of a new 200SLK. Looks ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!! and keeps me smiling!!

I shall soon be polishing the car to keep it looking tip top and I ALWAYS use Mer. It is easy to use and it doesn't matter what the weather is like. Always makes any car look A1.

I look forward to reading the many posts on this forum, it's great - nearly as great as my new car!!

·
Registered
CLK,SLK
1,181 Posts
I use Mequiars but I plan to get some Zaino Bros once I use it up. My husband won't let me buy new wax, since I have so much of it. (I also won some Mothers products). I just used the Zaino Bros Glass polish and now I feel like people are too close to me at stop lights, because the glass is now invisible. The old windows were so hazy it was likey having tinted windows, now I feel exposed. This polish took water stains off our Lexus that had been on the windows for years. Rated #1 synthetic in the "Guru Report??". Check out the black W208 CLK w/Zaino, it's in the gallery, or do a search for Zaino, I have heard alot of good stuff on this site and others, so I wanna try it.

·
Registered
02 C240
17 Posts
I once bought a brand new 95 Acura, white, upon delivery I waxed it with Zymol (properly, one little patch @ a time) it's true, the orig. paint looked eggshell while the newly waxed felt dramatically smooth and looked a whole different tone, CARNUBA

1 - 18 of 18 Posts