Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
I have read good things about it. Being a Carnauba based natural wax it will require frequent application because it naturally will not last long. I had read on the S-2000 forum in the past that some people were sandwiching P21S under Zaino with great results. I had thought about trying this but concerned that the P21S may yellow over time (like all waxes) while under the Zaino.

·
Registered
SLK350 (apr 15)
673 Posts
I could imagine layering wax under Zaino as an experiment, but my experience with Zaino is so much better than I've ever had with natural wax that I'll never go back.

Zaino gives an amazing finish and it's incredibly easy to use. It involves no hard rubbing (especially if you don't clay) and it lasts a long time.

It's an awesome product line.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
RonJeffries - 3/30/2005 3:40 AM

I could imagine layering wax under Zaino as an experiment, but my experience with Zaino is so much better than I've ever had with natural wax that I'll never go back.

Zaino gives an amazing finish and it's incredibly easy to use. It involves no hard rubbing (especially if you don't clay) and it lasts a long time.

It's an awesome product line.
I thought for first time use you had to use the clay bar before applying the Zaino?

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
malibuite - 3/30/2005 10:16 AM

I thought for first time use you had to use the clay bar before applying the Zaino?
You don't have to but you should. Applying Zaino without clay baring traps all the contaminants under the Zaino. You should actually clay bar before applying any wax or sealant, not just Zaino.[;)]

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
How often should you apply the Zanio clay bar - I get the impression that it's not everytime you wash and polish. But am curious to know how often other people use it?? [:)]

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
How often should you apply the Zanio clay bar - I get the impression that it's not everytime you wash and polish. But am curious to know how often other people use it?? [:)]

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
beverage - 3/31/2005 4:37 AM

Just the first time although you can at anytime (clay baring will not strip Zaino off). After you apply Zaino contaminants don't easily stick to the surface and slide off with each wash. Some people like to strip the Zaino off their car (using isopropyl alcohol) and start the process over about once a year, but not me. I just clay bar the first time.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
49 Posts
Julien - 3/31/2005 4:41 AM

Some people like to strip the Zaino off their car (using isopropyl alcohol) and start the process over about once a year
Why would you strip it off? doesn't the shine keep getting deeper with each application of Zaino?

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Julien - 3/31/2005 12:41 PM

Just the first time although you can at anytime (clay baring will not strip Zaino off). After you apply Zaino contaminants don't easily stick to the surface and slide off with each wash. Some people like to strip the Zaino off their car (using isopropyl alcohol) and start the process over about once a year, but not me. I just clay bar the first time.
Thanks for that. I actually thought that using the clay bar would remove Zaino - nice to know that it doesn't!!! [:D]

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
dvanlinge - 3/31/2005 9:59 AM
Why would you strip it off? doesn't the shine keep getting deeper with each application of Zaino?
Yes the shine does. Please reread my post. I don't and I said "Some people like to...start...over". Why oh why: just because....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts