Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very much. Clean it first, then apply a dab of wax on your finger tip and swirl onto the wood in your car. Allow to dry and then buff. It is richer and deeper and protects.

·
Registered
2000 Black E320 4Matic
77 Posts
even after being 12 year old the wood in my car seem okay. i use 303 aerospace protectant and it does a good job.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
What brand of wax did you use? I don't think we want any sort of "cleaner wax" since those contain a sort of pumice, so it seems like a polish might do the best job?

·
Registered
2000 Black E320 4Matic
77 Posts
Isn't there a covering in front of the wood that would stop the wax from soaking in anyway...?

·
Premium Member
95 SL500, K&N, NEOKEN Ported TB, Custom Intake, RENNtech Sport Exhaust, AMG I Monoblocks
10,980 Posts
Very much. Clean it first, then apply a dab of wax on your finger tip and swirl onto the wood in your car. Allow to dry and then buff. It is richer and deeper and protects.
Agreed, waxed the wood on every Mercedes-Benz I've owned. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
95 SL500, K&N, NEOKEN Ported TB, Custom Intake, RENNtech Sport Exhaust, AMG I Monoblocks
10,980 Posts
What brand of wax did you use? I don't think we want any sort of "cleaner wax" since those contain a sort of pumice, so it seems like a polish might do the best job?
I've personally had great results with Carnauba wax of various brands. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts