Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Equal Opportunity Offender
2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC RIP, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
11,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been accidentally getting wax on the Matte black finish handles and window trim. I've finally found something that works GREAT[:p].

I bought a can of KIWI black shoe polish and now when I get those annoying smears on the handles, etc. I polish them with the black shoe polish. It works great and wipes right off the paint finish if you get a little on it. I've used it for over a year and no problems! It makes those handles and window trim look fantastic![:D]

·
Equal Opportunity Offender
2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC RIP, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
11,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never seen this product before and I use Gold Class wax. Either it's new or our parts supply stores just aren't up to date on this. As soon as I find it, I'll give it a try and see if it's better than KIWI... but KIWI is still some good stuff!

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
To remove the wax instead of covering it up with silicones or oils, use a strong degreaser/surfactant and a soft bristle tooth brush. But take care to only use something that will not react with the metal or paint.

The only thing I ever use is full strength Simple Green. Its non toxic, biodegradable and will not harm the paint should you get it on there. But if you splash it on the paint, you should probably rewax.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts