Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
'92 190E 2.3
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been experiencing an odd situation of water somehow leaking into the space between the exterior sheet metal and the interior reinforcing sheet metal of my trunk lid. As far as I can see, it is full sealed around the top and side of the lid, and the weather seal is intact and in place, yet every time I open it after it has rained, water pours out of it and into the trunk, wetting everything in there. Has anyone else experienced this, and have you figured out how to mitigate it?

· Registered
96 C36, 87 Turbo'd 190E 2.3-16, 86 SC'd 190E 2.3-16, Brabus'd C32
1,627 Posts
i got that too!!! i figured it was my trunk seal but i guess not. it is very annoying though

· Registered
267 Posts
I have the same issue what I am to do is climb in the trunk with a light while my dad sprays water in everyangle possible around the lid. I'll update once I do this

· Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,570 Posts
Check the drains at the upper corners of the trunk lid on each side. If they are clogged up the water from your back window runs into the trunk lid and not down the rain rails on the trunk.

· Premium Member
'92 MB W201 2.3, '10 MB X164 GL550 4Matic, '14 MB W218 CLS550 4Matic
913 Posts
Check the drains at the upper corners of the trunk lid on each side. If they are clogged up the water from your back window runs into the trunk lid and not down the rain rails on the trunk.
One of my seasonal checks as a good air blow is required for those drains and for the ones at the hood back corners

· Registered
'98 E300, '10 GL350 Bluetec
1,281 Posts
Truck unlock button seal.
Really. If you take a good look at the trunk lid with water running off it, you will see that the MB emblem nicely routes the water to the trunk unlock button. If your seal is old and hardened, it will let the water into the lid.
I had this problem until I spent the $3 for this seal..at the dealership; its a cheap fix.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.