Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

While giving my T124 a good clean inside the other day I found that underneath the fitted foam carpet on the drivers side was soapy water. There was also a little wet by the rear left seat bolts by the floor. This must have been there from a week before when I washed the car especially concentrating on the roof. The passenger well was dry as a bone

Is this likely to have come via the sunroof and if so how can I sort this out?

Thanks Toby.

·
Registered
278 Posts
sounds like it. there are likely four drains for the sunroof - two in front which you'll be able to see when you open the roof, and two further back which you won't be able to see without dropping the headliner. the best approach is to get under the car where the rubber hoses drain out and make sure that they're unobstructed. for two front drains you can try to clean them out from the top using a flexible pipe cleaner or compressed air.
good luck.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Also consider the heater radiator...

They do tend to leak after a few years... I've replaced my CE's about one year ago.

Good luck and I HOPE that your problem is not the heater radiator, because that is a BIOTCH to replace - the whole dash has to come off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts