Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
E280
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In winter time my Vito 112 has a water temperature of 58 degree Celsius, even after a longer trip, which is significant to low. DaimlerChrysler knows about this problem, but offers currently no solution.

Does someone has the same problem or an idea to solve this?

[:(]

·
Registered
2003 112CDi Vito Van
31 Posts
In winter time my Vito 112 has a water temperature of 58 degree Celsius, even after a longer trip, which is significant to low. DaimlerChrysler knows about this problem, but offers currently no solution.

Does someone has the same problem or an idea to solve this?

[:(]
This problem would most likely be caused by a faulty or incorrect water thermostat, based on experience with other vehicles friends and myself have had.

If it were possible to fit the unit back-to-front, the water flow may actually be causing it to open further than it would normally.

This all assumes that cooling is controlled by this type of thermostat.

Hope this assists. Regards Rob K

·
Registered
V220 CDI Ambiente
42 Posts
CDI engines do not waste much energy, so there is less heat.
The V-Class is fitted with a...

CDI engines do not waste much energy, so there is less heat.
The V-Class is fitted with a heater booster to solve this problem.
I am not sure if the vito has it, but the v-class unit is a Eberspacher D5WZ hydronic water heater and is 5000 watts!
You can retrofit the unit and add the Aux (parking) heater controls, The complete kit is around £475 if you have a reconditioned heater.

I am about to add the upgrade kit to mine so it will work on a timer and warm the van before use. (my v220 did not have the Aux heater option fitted)

Just as an extra note I and going to interface it with my Clifford car alam so that I can turn the heater on and off remotely. (MBZ do offer this option)

Phil

·
Registered
118 Posts
What a load of rubbish !....If your van is running too cold you have problem , firstly the thermostate on the 611 CDI comes complete with the thermostate housing so impossible to fit the wrong way. Most likely the thermostate is stuck open.....what make you think that DC knows about this problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem and can try to take measure of temperature with an external IR sensor. Where should I point it to get the most optimal value?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts