Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
E320, 1994, 1995
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

The water pump of my E320, 1994 failed. It was a LASO and lasted 9 years, 82,000 miles. The bearing broke apart, making terrible noise with coolant spraying out. Got a GEBA and had to machine a plate to plug an additional port. Also replaced a tensioner shock. After I put everything back, a lot of good things happened. First, the belt is a lot smoother and the engine is quieter. The check engine light is off and stays off. The light came on because of transmission shift delay. Now, it stays off. I also had problem to start at park and had to shift to neutral to start the engine. Now, it is all OK. I am happy with all these unexpected good things but I wonder why. Any ideas?

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,729 Posts
WHO CARES WHY?
Things seldom fix themselves, so why not enjoy them instead of scratching your head?
On our last oil pump replacement the neutral safety switch started working again on P.
I don't complain ;)

·
Registered
E320, 1994, 1995
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No complain here but my curiosity makes me wonder

WHO CARES WHY?
Things seldom fix themselves, so why not enjoy them instead of scratching your head?
On our last oil pump replacement the neutral safety switch started working again on P.
I don't complain ;)
This makes two cases of self healing of neutral safety switch. Glad to know that I am not alone in getting lucky. No complain here but my curiosity makes me wonder why water pump is related to transmission.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts