Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above I have water appearing at the passenger door area and I don't know where it is coming from.
See picture attached.

P.s. It is a 1998 V230

Any help much appreciated.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 108CDI, 2007 120 CDI long, Suzuki K5 GSXR track bike, 2005 Kawasaki ZX10R
1,423 Posts
I would check the drains in the bottom of the door are clear and also the ones for the bulkhead. The only other place that springs to mind is where the wiring goes through the bulkhead

Martin

·
Registered
Vito 114 tourer 2015: Vito 108d 97: 108d 98: Traveliner 2003 ; Aixam; z1100; xbr500; z440 ++++
2,393 Posts
heres one for you walsi.......

you know the story of "the pup"

well the pup had water in the passenger and driver footwells.

I tried everything but eventually stumbled on the cause and now I'm dry again.

the roof channels had been mucked about with and water was getting in the bolt holes and under the edge of the seals..... it then tracked along the inside of the roof and down the door pillars (pillar A & B)

easy cure.... tighten the nuts/bolts that hold the channels on (the roof rail version can have the same problem)

Problem.... the front mountings are above the roof liner,,,,
that meant removing the coat hooks (prise off and remove screw), remove the trim over the doors (pull off side of windscreen and over door) remove the sun visors (a screw in each end)

biggest problem.... the water rusted one of the visor screws and I had to remove it with a JML screw remover in an electric drill... then rust treat the hole and inject wax (aerosol from cpc) into the void in the pillar (after a few days to let it dry out)

malcolm

·
Registered
2000 108CDI, 2007 120 CDI long, Suzuki K5 GSXR track bike, 2005 Kawasaki ZX10R
1,423 Posts
And also the aerial in the middle of the roof, runs along to the side inside the head lining and like you said runs down the side of the windscreen. The 639 has rubber bungs in threaded holes in the roof for mounting the roof rack, i filled mine with grease to stop them rusting through. This could be like finding a needle in a hay stack

Martin

·
Registered
Vito 115 4x4
115 Posts
Another source of water is in the tailgate. The third (middle) brake light.
It dripped right on my forehead first time I had a nap in the back....:mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts