Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2006 E350 4matic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had lots of rain last night and got up to find a puddle of standing water behind the passenger srat in my 2006 E350. Are there drain tubes for the sunroof that run down inside the B pillars? I know there are some in the a pillars but can't find anything on the b pillars and they seem very hard to get to without breaking something.

Also, I found this boot disconnected at the side I'm pointing to. I don't know if the water could have gotten thru there to the interior. I can't find any signs of water in this area.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
216 with everything. 2002 SL500 with everything. 2009 SL500 with everything.
6,543 Posts
The most common reason is when the front drains get blocked in front of the screen, the water can then go into the heater box, this drain blocks and the water comes comes out into the car, more often than not, the water will go to the rear of the car.

·
Registered
2006 E350 4matic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll definitely inspect that area today. Are there any pieces I need to remove to be able to see that area? Should I blow some compressed air or try to run a wire through the drain?

·
6,543 Posts
If you can lift the carpet that side to feel underneath it would a help to be sure,,one can use a wire in most front drains, but not the heater box evaporator drain.

·
Registered
2006 E350 4matic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After making sure that the vent was and tube were clear I pulled the tube out of this hole here to the right of the white washer fluid feed. Where does that go? I can't get a good view of if with the fender attached. Pulling the fender off is a little beyond my comfort level so I tried pulling back the wheel well cover. Couldn't see anything past the washer fluid tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 E350 4matic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I borrowed a neighbor's snake camera to see what was in the previously mentioned hole. This is the best pic I could get of the screen. I don't know what that pipe is but there seems to be either some old sealant of some type around it/

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 E350 4matic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But with the hose put back into place, here is where the water is running out. If there is supposed to be a drain hole under the car, I was unable to find it. Maybe I was looking in the wrong place?

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 E350 4matic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last pic....I pulled back the carpet. The area where the zip tie leads is where the water is pooling up. I can't find any obvious path for the water getting there. From this place, the water runs back and comes out from the opening under the passenger seat and pools up behind it.

Is there any other way to find where the water is getting in without pulling the fender? I pulled down the pan to get a look under the car as best I could without being able to get under it safely.

Attachments

·
6,543 Posts
They are certainly clear now, it is a very poor drawing for those drains

the heater box drains are 460, 1 left and 1 right.

There are 4 drains in the sun roof, but I do not know the route that they take.

·
6,543 Posts
The nylon strimmer cord is very good for roof drains.

·
Registered
2007 W211 E320 Bluetec OM642
579 Posts
Looks like I'm having the same problem. What's the issue? Tyler or anyone?
Small update. The windshield drain works well and it doesn't leak. All water comes out of the bottom passenger fender.
The rear water accumulation is around the rear floor vent and the rear outer seat rail attachment bolt cover. Its covered with white powder which looks like salt.
I believe there is also salt just under the air cabin filter cover. My w211 has ECU there (but others have auxiliary battery). I wonder if that cover isn't sealing right and is sucking in the salt water? The cabin air filter cover/holder has broken tabs on the left side so only the other side is providing any attachment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts