Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
A200 Turbo-C230K-S320 CDI-SL55-C63AMG
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been having some problems with my SL. When I came back home the other night, the doors would not lock when I used the Key Card. So I tried with the key, but still the same problem. The indicators would flash as if the alarm was engaged, but the doors would not lock.

I took it to my dealer today and they checked it all out and told me what the problem could be... water leaking through the trunk.

I know one or two of you have had this problem, but I'm sure there must be more. Mercedes must be aware of this, so why after already announcing 2 recalls did they not address this previously?

I'm pretty annoyed as I don't get my car back until Wednesday...

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
How about a month. I am taking my car in next week to get my leak fix. On both attempts, it has taken over 2 weeks to get the parts in.

Call Mercedes customer care and report the trunk leaking problem. Of course, they will say it is the first time they herd this.

Go here and see how many folks have leaking trunks. Take out the spaces

m b w o r l d.org

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer said my parts won't be in till Wednesday so now its till Thursday I gotta wait.

Let me know how it goes for you...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I got my car back today... excellent servive as usual (even though it wasn't my regular dealer). Hope this is the last I hear of the problem...

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2005 Sl 500 had a terrible time with the trunk leaking water. I had to have it serviced twice from the dealer. The first time they adjusted the rear deck lid which did nothing. The second time they had to replace the decklid and entire rear glass window.

It doesn't leak anymore, but what a pain! Interestingly enough, the water only leaked in when I took it to the car wash.

·
Registered
White SL
88 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT A BRAND NEW SL500 AND I WENT TO CLEAN THE NAVI SCREEN WITH MY FINGER TO GET THE DUST OF, AND IT MADE A MARK ON THE SCREEN, THEN I TOOK A TOWEL TO TRY TO GET THE MARK AND THE DUST OF AND THAT MADE AN EVEN BIGGER SMUGE/MARK WHICH NOW, WONT GO AWAY, ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS NORMAL AND WHAT CAN BE DONE TO FIX IT

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi

I have got a R230 SL500 2002
AM currently suing mercedes benz as the car leaks water all the time and the central locking and hardtop have broken 7 times. The car is now rusting!! And they are being bastards and not repairing it

Anyone in a similiar position
I need help to fight these bums[:(!][:(!]

Ro
London, UK

·
Registered
19 Posts
have you got email
i can email them to you

what problems are you having
do you know anyone else
i need help suing them. they are playing dirty
pumps broke x6 already[V]

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've already been in contact with you about this...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts