Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
230TE 1987mod
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have done a search for this topic, but your answers didnt help me.
It is about water getting in somewere on my 230te.
Both sides in front is getting full og water when it rains. I got sunroof, but the drainhose seems to work fine. Im not shure. The car have been parked for 2month now, so it is somewhere outside the body it gets in. Hope you can write down as many places you know where the rain gets in.
It is a problem here in Norway. Becaurse when is cold, all the water inside the car freeze. hehe[:eek:)]

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
On my euro 230E the water was getting in from the drain pipe at the bottom far edges of the windscreen. It would end up on the front floor.
You have to open the hood (bonnet) and look at the corners by the hinges you will see a pipe. They look like small radiator hoses. They drain the water from the windscreen down to the wheels through the fender. Mine were misalligned so the water was missing the pipe and spilling onto the firewall and finding its way into the compartment.
Look at the bottom of the windscreen and follow the drain channel to the edge where it drops off into the engine bay there should be a pipe there catching the water. If it isn't there look for it. It might be off to the side or it may be clogged with debris. If its clogged use a blunt straight object to clear it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts