Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
E320 1996/300E 1992/E320 1995
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1996 E320. I just started to notice a trickle of water down to the passenger side carpet when raining. The water drips down inside of the right side foot panel near the door. I haven't been able yet to see if it's the door seal or if it originates from somewhere else such as maybe the sun roof etc. Anyone with similar past experience and/or solutions. All suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention that it's the front passenger side.

·
Registered
10 GLK 350 4Matic
704 Posts
Check your drain for the HVAC assembly. Sounds like it might be plugged.

The ducts for fresh air below the windshield ( as well as A/C condensate) need to drain out under the car. The drain is in the firewall to floor plan merging area under the passenger footwell -- under the car.

It can plug up if dirt and leaves get washed down through the air channels and build up in the bottom.

A piece of wire can be worked up through from the bottom to free it up.

The other possibility is a leak from the lower edge of the windshield. It's not common, but it can separate and allow water intrusion. If your drain seems open, then it might be worth experimenting with taping around the glass with some temporary wide tape and then turn a garden hose on the windshield to see if this clears it up.

One of the other experts know better, but I believe the sunroof drain is on the other ( drivers ) side.

Good luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I ran the hose for some time with no water visible so I'll check the HVAC

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
22 Posts
I had a similar problem, also in the passenger side, but the leak was coming from the top section of the front edge cover (the cloth one just inside the door) and after doing everything I just repositioned the door’s weatherstrip and that solved the problem so I just replaced the weatherstrip and that was it. No more water ever since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts