Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few days ago I was trying to take the seats of my 200 Td and I found a pocket of rust under the car where the drivers seat is, that has no other way to be solved other then a specialized shop, but under the carpet I found water marks, is there any drains near that area that could leak into the compartment? Is there anyone with the same problem?

Help please!!

·
Registered
124-300TE, 208-CLK230
88 Posts
I have heard (but not had this problem) that there are drain holes at the front that run from the front windshield to an exit around the front jacking point. If they become blocked there can be issues with water getting into and sitting in the footspace areas. Running a cable or a straightened out coat hanger can clear it.

I have also read this benzworld topic recently about sunroof drains:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w124-e-ce-d-td-class/1618212-300ce-sunroof-drains.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I found out that I had a lot of stuff blocking water drains also I removed almost 3 Kg of dirt from the front fender.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a car, man, not a bulldozer!
Very Funny! I recently bougth this car, and almost all of people that had the money to buy them new in Portugal happen to be general contractors, or taxi drivers thats why this cars had such a bad fame at the time, so its kind of a gamble to buy a used one ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts