Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
380SL
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 1983 380SL and have discovered that, when raining, water drips onto the floor from above the brake pedal and also runs onto the passenger floor from somewhere near the ductwork into the door. On my 72 280 SEL 4.5 I had a similar problem that was caused by the windshield seals. Is there a similar problem with the Roadsters? Or would the water be finding its way in from the top somewhere?

Another thing I have noticed in the short time I have had the car is a significant "clunk" noise after closing the door and then driving down the street. This has happened with the hard top and the soft top. Any suggestions? I think it is the top settling or popping up. Who knows?

·
Registered
560 SL
5 Posts

Jeff,

Are you sure the source of the water is from rain? I experienced a similar problem on my 88 560SL. Condensation from the clogged air conditioner drain lines was dripping just above the brake pedal. The drain lines were full of debris. I had to blow them out with air pressure. The drain tubes are located on each side of the console behind the carpet.

·
Registered
E430 Sport 2000, SLK350 2005 (380 SL 1985 Sold) (Sold 300D Turbo (123) 298K)
7 Posts
Remove panels below dash on each side, on each side of the console there is an outlet. The...

Remove panels below dash on each side, on each side of the console there is an outlet. Then with your finger feel for the location of the small opening, once located take a coat hanger apart and clean out both sides, problem solved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts